It was cooked to perfection and the chips were out of this world. MAIN MENU . [1] London is more than just fish and chips or pie and mash. Including ingenious hacks think flavoured salts for dipping eggs and soft-serve with a shot of espresso as well as twists on familiar favourites, this book about how and why we should picnic. Kitchen cleanliness wasnt great, no antibacterial soap, and the shelf used to store chopping boards was dirty. illustrated drawings of well known Limehouse locations which include The Troxy, Half Moon Theatre, The Grapes Part owned by Sir Ian Mckellen, and The Royal Foundation of St Katherines overlayed onto the street grid with London street signs and iconic London transporta The street itself is the oldest part of Limehouse, and located in it are some of the few remaining and best preserved terraced houses in London, originating from the early 1700's Georgian period. The pub still has the same (somewhat famous) landlord who is probably not short of a bob or two. I was staying lin Limehouse Basin and visited the Grapes 3 time during the visit, food of the highest quality, staff amazing , friendly and great company The Grapes has an amazing ambience and superb views over the Thames and ther is a feeling that. See 162 photos and 58 tips from 1746 visitors to The Grapes. We've been recommended by The Good Pub Guide since 1996, and you'll understand why when you visit. It had outlasted many a sprucer public house, indeed the whole house impended over the water but seemed to have got into the condition of a faint-hearted diver, who has paused so long on the brink that he will never go in at all. Good atmosphere. Perhaps the disused cellar which floods retains stagnant water? Tue: 12-3:30pm 5:30-11pm Cost for two: 40. The ultimate bartender's book, this richly illustrated hardcover compilation of 750 recipes comprises non-alcoholic drinks as well as sours, toddies, flips, slings, fizzes, coolers, rickeys, juleps, punches, and other refreshments. Get quick answers from The Grapes staff and past visitors. From pungent kimchi to three types of Japanese fried chicken, and with a primer on Japanese ingredients and substitutions, Nanban is the perfect cookbook for any lover of Asian food. What a lovely dog friendly pub - unspoilt by technology and new furnishings, its a proper old English pub, with probably the most fun barmaidI have ever met! You shall not pass! The Grapes 76 Narrow Street, London E14 8BP, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs) +44 20 7987 4396 Website Improve this listing Ranked #2,247 of 24,855 Restaurants in London 704 Reviews Price range: 5 - 20 Cuisines: British, Bar More restaurant details 740rupertw Rome, Italy 10 23 Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile 80, and Edward Wolfe at No. stay without having somewhere to eat and drink in the evening.we gave been coming here for years for big family get together so very much part of our tradition..so please sort out problems and reopen ASAP, little rooms - we loved it Everything elsegreatMore, First time to this pub, heard so many good things about it.. unfortunately my first visit wasnt the best.. Thu: 12-11pm The Grapes menu has something to please everyone. 8.8 / 10. View Menu. vegetables. It had not and instead we found ourselves perched on uncomfortable high stools at a grubby wine barrel. Overlooking the Thames, in a peaceful neighbourhood . Its worth checking opening times and when food is served but definitely worth a visit we will be returning when we stay on the caravan site againMore, Not sure about my last visit. 236 reviews .30 km away . Food was excellent, the assistant manager was wonderful - so warm and welcoming. The hanging baskets outside the pub were impressively vulgarly huge, a waterfall of colour cascading over the building's frontage. I'm thinking of popping over for lunch tomorrow.do I need to book? (Note: We don't take table reservations), Sat: 12-11pm THE GRAPES - 49 Photos & 54 Reviews - 76 Narrow Street, London, United Kingdom - Yelp Auto Services The Grapes 54 reviews Claimed Pubs Edit Closed 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM, 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM See hours See all 50 photos Write a review Add photo Location & Hours 76 Narrow Street London E14 8BP United Kingdom Poplar Get directions Edit business info (Note: We don't take table reservations), Sat: 12-11pm Registered in England and Wales no. Social Twitter Yelp Foursquare. Former Name(s): The Bunch of Grapes. "Don't forget to take a look at the balcony - the in-out of the tide is quite." Pub in Limehouse, Greater London Gandalf himself owns his very own pub in Limehouse with The Grapes being owned by none other than Sir Ian McKellen. Directors Sean Mathias, Evgeny Lebedev, Sir Ian McKellen. Menu and widgets It was cooked to perfection and the chips were out of this world. It was cooked to perfection and the chips were out of this world. Please note, due to licensing restrictions we can only welcome guests over the age of 18 onto the premises. I'm pretty shocked to see that there are positive reviews regarding the food here. 6. Bar Menu at The Grapes, Limehouse Bar Menu Mini Tapas Marinated mixed olives in fresh thyme roasted garlic and olive oil 3.75 Battered king prawns with a pickled ginger, lime and parsley mayonnaise 3.75 Spiced salt and peppered squid with a preserved lemon mayonnaise 3.75 This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. The Grapes, Limehouse, London. You shall not pass! Locals proudly tell you that The Grapes survived the London bombings and also, used to be the social place for the famous Charles Dickens. Hand made beef burger with Stilton or cheddar cheese and wild mushroom served with chips, Light noodle saut with bok choy, oyster mushrooms, fresh coriander and sesame seeds, A lightly battered haddock served with mushy peas, creamy coleslaw and chips, A selection of mouthwatering freshly battered king prawns, scallops, calamari flakey haddock served with homemade tartar, fresh lemon and chips, In a light spicy tomato and herb sauce served with a crusty roll, Red kidney bean, chickpea and sweetcorn burger with fresh tomato, spicy avocado and crispy lettuce served with chips and coleslaw, Marinated chicken burger served with fresh tomato, spicy avocado served with chips and coleslaw, Slow cooked BBQ ribs served with chips and creamy coleslaw, Accompanied with classic custard or vanilla bean ice cream. 76 Narrow Street Whether you're after a quick lunch, dinner by the river or just a friendly greeting in your local pub, we'd love to welcome you to The Grapes in Limehouse. To the west before the City were the similar small wharf and early built-up 'Tower Division of Middlesex hamlets' of Ratcliff, Shadwell, Wapping and St Katherine by the Tower each with their own urban settlements; together with Limehouse covering no more than a square mile in total. From a taste of the royal life at Buckingham Palace to a taste of beer at a local pub, think of this as a London sampler. In the Limehouse Reach neighborhood of London, The Bunch of Grapes (now simply The Grapes), is a tavern that has been serving beer for over 500 years. La nostra Informativa sulla privacy per i Servizi ai consumatori e l'Informativa sulla privacy per i Servizi aziendali entreranno in vigore il 20 agosto 2020. Beer was acceptable, but as per the title of this piece. The vegetables when turned up, were boring, lacked proper seasoning and had just been boiled in water - i.e. On the first floor is our casual drinking room, overlooking one of the great views of London. 720 reviews .32 km away . Incorrect Information? Adriatic Building 51 Narrow Street Unit 3, The Mosaic, Adriatic Building. Looking forward to our next visit alreadyMore, We have been to a lot of beefeaters and never had the excellent experience we got tonight. The staff were lovely and one even came and had a chat with us and gave our dog a couple treats (this went down a storm) Its experimental, its edgy, and its full of big flavors. The mushy peas were quite depressing, pale and lacked flavour. The main bar leads into The Dickens Snug (where the author himself is reputed to have danced on the tables) and facing a small, perfectly appointed heated terrace that hovers over the Thames. Download Foursquare for your smart phone and start exploring the world around you! Very unappetising with the yuk coleslaw spoiling anything that may have been halfway decent. Mon: 12-3pm 5-11pm View full listings of 1 Fish & Seafood Limehouse Restaurants. The dormitories offer either a private en suite bathroom, or a shared bathroom. Noodles were 19 days out of date, chicken curry and salmon 12 days out of date. Limehouse was settled early as a dry bank suitable for growing, easy building upon and import, export, chandlery and fishingmost of many times wider Poplar to the east was the low-lying fields of the Isle of Dogs used for the keeping of marsh sheep with the national markets in the City just west. I had fish and chips. 96. Looking forward to our next visit already. Deep purple with ripe blackcurrant and mulberries. I love this pub and dont want my visit experience the grapes, limehouse menu. Other popular writers were drawn by huddled buildings, wharves and docks by the bustling river: Oscar Wilde in The Picture of Dorian Gray; Arthur Conan Doyle, who sent Sherlock Holmes in search of opium provided by the local Chinese immigrants; and, more recently, Peter Ackroyd in Dan Leno and the Limehouse Golem.[relevant? Find out what's popular at The Grapes in Limehouse, Greater London in real-time and see activity. 3 out of 5 stars. The quality of the food is not good. Registered in England and Wales no. The Grapes has been a pub since 1583, so there's a sense of immersing yourself in history as you sink into one of its comfortable chairs. Perhaps the three very well known owners arent fully aware what goes on in their pub?More, We have wanted to visit this pub for a while and had the opportunity on a Sunday night in January. With diary excerpts that document the incredible journey that Deliciously Ella has taken and more than 100 irresistible recipes for every day using simple, nourishing ingredients, this stunning book will be a must-have for fans and food With panoramic views of the Thames, The Narrow by Gordon Ramsay in Limehouse is perfect for eating out in East London. The Mosaic, 45 Narrow Street, Limehouse, London E14 8DN. Delicious, especially during colder months. Mon: 12-3pm 5-11pm London Tourism London Hotels London Bed and Breakfast London Vacation Rentals London Vacation Packages Flights to London The Grapes; Please note, due to licensing restrictions we can only welcome guests over the age of 18 onto the premises. in-depth menu information, and more. Nice place to catch up with people and cheap prices. Thank you. Very unappetising with the yuk coleslaw spoiling anything that may have been halfway decent. Joanne - fun, honest and lively - immediatelycomplimenting us on our matching rain jackets!! Found inside Page 172HOOP AND GRAPES , 47 Aldgate High Street , just within the City limits . gamine style essentials; project status meeting invitation sample; the grapes, limehouse menu. What a disappointment. Brown County Jail Mugshots, Registered in England and Wales no. And I love this pub. a tight stairway leads up to a more plain restaurant room that accommodates the Sunday roast overspill. The vegetables when turned up, were boring, lacked proper seasoning and had just been boiled in water - i.e. Photography by Paul Reiffer. Upshot - worth a visit for the tourist but don't expect to be overwhelmed. Then in August 2013, the Grapes was the venue for an unlikely secret meeting between Prime Minister David Cameron and TV personality Stephen Fry. Tue: 12-3pm 5-11pm Sorry can't remember prices but I think they are fairly standard London pub prices (i.e. Supple, soft and velvety on the palate. Limehouse . A second fridge was 11c over the recommended temperature. Main Menu. It's obviously got some history, ok from that point of view, i didn't eat, but observed the odd meals ordered andlistened in to diners, their upshot seemed to be it was ok but nothing out of the ordinary. Museum of London Docklands. Popular Localities Nearby. Please note, due to licensing restrictions we can only welcome guests over the age of 18 onto the premises. Its been standing for nearly 500 years and has even featured in a Charles Dickens novel, who was a regular at The Grapes. The popular pub has been serving pints for over . If you're looking for something quick and tasty like our famous fish and chips, youll find tempting pub grub downstairs in the bar, or on our heated riverside deck. The Grapes - originally The Bunch of Grapes - has stood on the pebbled Limehouse Reach, for nearly 500 years. But the Aussie bar maid has ruined this for me. Marinated mixed olives in fresh thyme roasted garlic and olive oil, Battered king prawns with a pickled ginger, lime and parsley mayonnaise, Spiced salt and peppered squid with a preserved lemon mayonnaise, House made roasted peppered red pepper hummus served with toasted flat bread, Lamb Koftas with a yoghurt and cucumber dressing, Spiced feta and dried tomato bites marinated in pickled ginger. One of us had the veggie roast, which doesn't come with a gravy and didn't come withvegetables. I'd say you're better off eating in a Wetherspoons - and I wouldn't choose to eat their food either. A dry-styled Riesling from Western Australia made from organically farmed fruit. The Grapes is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun. Thu: 12-3:30pm 5:30-11pm The Grapes. I am aware that they were very short staffed on a busy Friday evening but to witness customers being bullied by the bar staff is not acceptable. 0207 987 4396 fridge had expired. Pity he doesnt put as much care into running a pub as he does in learning his lines. Whatever it is, very offputting. The Grapes is a Grade II listed public house situated directly on the north bank of the Thames in London 's Limehouse area, with a veranda overlooking the water. 48 reviews .80 km away . Old English Pub with plenty of history and atmosphere, I have ever met! 185794535417 Cuisines: Italian. Tapas Revolution is the breakthrough book on simple Spanish cookery. E14 8BP Directors Sean Mathias, Evgeny Lebedev, Sir Ian McKellen. London. Tue: 12-3pm 5-11pm The champagne is complex with elegance, power and a long finish. Staff were young females and seemed to be more interested in chatting and their 'phones than maintaining the bar . We've been recommended by The Good Pub Guide since 1996, and you'll understand why when you visit. An Easterly facing one bedroom apartment of 592 sq ft with a good sized balcony overlooking Limekiln Dock and across to the River Thames, set within easy r Joanne - fun, honest and lively - immediatelycomplimenting us on our matching rain jackets!! We admit it: You cant see everything London has to offer in just 48 hours. If you want a great meal with great service then you need to pay this restaurant a visit.More, Part of my London trips objective is to visit different, notable ( and noted ), and interesting pubs. Venue Stats . 0.4 miles from The Grapes. The rest of the roast was quite dry, bland and tasteless. Reported in national press that local authority had recently reduced hygiene rating from 5 to 3. Great pub , good beers, extensive menu of food and very welcoming , attentive staff, good atmosphere, what more do you want out of a pub? There's a tiny balcony at the back that you can squeeze onto, if you're lucky, and. The spa is equipped with a spa tub, a steam room and Turkish bath/hammam. We drank up and left vowing never to return. Media in category "The Grapes, Limehouse" The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total. Copyright 2010-2023 The Pies Pub Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please note, due to licensing restrictions we can only welcome guests over the age of 18 onto the premises. McKellen . The Grapes - originally The Bunch of Grapes - has stood on the pebbled Limehouse Reach for nearly 500 years. Whilst our history goes back over 500 years, our menus are a little more up-to-date! The lack of vegetables turned out to be a mistake on the "chefs" part. The Grapes, London: See 684 unbiased reviews of The Grapes, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #2,235 of 23,685 restaurants in London. Please note, due to licensing restrictions we can only welcome guests over the age of 18 onto the premises. The staff were lovely and one even came and had a chat with us and gave our dog a couple treats (this went down a storm) listened in to diners, their upshot seemed to be it was ok but nothing out of the ordinary. Its worth checking opening times and when food is served but definitely worth a visit we will be returning when we stay on the caravan site againMore, Not sure about my last visit. 0207 987 4396 Furthermore, no one sat at either of them for our entire visit. Served with coleslaw, which is just kind of weird and in my opinion doesn't pair well with fish and chips. best indian restaurant limehouse, restaurant limehouse. at the grapes. Fri: 12-11pm, Copyright 2010-2023 The Pies Pub Ltd. All Rights Reserved. London's pub heritage: The Grapes at Limehouse. The Grapes menu has something to please everyone. 020 7987 4396. The meals arrived and the food had been uncaringly slapped on the plates. On the last Saturday of every month, Limehouse Basin Market showcases a mouthwatering blend of street food from around the world and an eclectic mix of artisanal products. Canary Wharf ( 0.6 miles) A space located on Garter Way in London. The latter was lobbying the former to . Very unappetising with the yuk coleslaw spoiling anything that may have been halfway decent. An Antony Gormley sculpture can be seen on a plinth on the shoreline RF PJA7H8 - Residential properties on The River Thames at Limehouse RM M278WW - The grapes pub london limehouse RM 2A9N1CJ - Sir Ian McKellen's Shepherd's Pie at The Grapes pub restaurant, Limehouse, London, UK Hours: 12Noon to 3PM, 6PM to 11PM (Mon-Fri),1PM to 11PM. Menu. Limehouse I'd say you're better off eating in a Wetherspoons - and I wouldn't choose to eat their food either.More, This my local. Find parking charges, opening hours, postcode and a parking map of 04 Copenhagen Place 04 Copenhagen Place as well as other garages, street parking, pay and display, parking meters and private garages for rent in London Learn More. !More, Fantastic service by staff Jade and Mags ,food was excellent and service with a smile.couldnt fault anything. more. Thank you. Furthermore, no one sat at either of them for our entire visit. First come first served basis , but if no tables available does not usually mean a long wait. Confira a menu para The Grapes.The menu includes menu, bar, and wine list. To its landward side, the pub is found at number 76 in Narrow Street, flanked by former warehouses now converted to residential and other uses. Menu - Check out the Menu of The Grapes Narrow Street, Limehouse, London at Zomato for Delivery, Dine-out or Takeaway. While the pub might be pretty small, this Grade II listed 18 th Century pub has a great veranda that looks out over the river. 0207 987 4396 View of the River and such a relaxed atmosphere. 35 reviews .58 km away . vegetables. Tide was in by the way. The 2 tables with comfortable seating had reserved signs on them.why would you allow reservations of tables in a pub with only two comforable settings?? Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. I ordered the roast beef which is one of my favourite meats and my boyfriend chose the roast pork. We had two beers and a glass of wine, and the bill was under 20. Despite the Hype, Nothing To Write Home About. Registered Office: 7 Granard Business Centre Bunns Lane, Mill Hill, London NW7 2DQ. [2], The current building dates from the 1720s and is on the site of a pub built in 1583. Mon: 12-3pm 5-11pm ], Narrow Street is also associated with distinguished painters. The quality of the fish wasn't the best and the chips could have possibly just been frozen. The Grapes Menu. Please get her some help - she's out of control and make this a placewe can love again.More, This used to be a favoutite pub in London and we would happily travel across town for the excellent beer and superb pub food when we were visiting London. . Limehouse Basin Canalside. not roasted. Sorry not sure we were in early lunchtime and none in then Have a look at their website onnTA. Wed: 12-3pm 5-11pm Are you sure you want to delete this question? We've been recommended by The Good Pub Guide since 1996, and you'll understand why when you visit. Yes I would like to receive the latest marketing information by email from Gordon Ramsay Restaurants, about all of our restaurants For more information please see our privacy policy.We will of course keep your data safe and secure and if you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time on any marketing email we send or email us at [email protected] Check out my London restaurant hit list! I'm pretty shocked to see that there are positive reviews regarding the food here. 76 Narrow Street Limehouse London E14 8BP 0207 987 4396 (Note: We don't take table reservations) FOLLOW US: PUB HOURS. Beer was acceptable, but as per the title of this piece. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 23:12:30 +0000 View Detailed Check-in 230 reviews. The meals arrived and the food had been uncaringly slapped on the plates. If you want a great meal with great service then you need to pay this restaurant a visit.More, Part of my London trips objective is to visit different, notable ( and noted ), and interesting pubs. Wed: 12-3pm 5-11pm Fri: 12-11pm, Copyright 2010-2021 The Pies Pub Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Staff were young females and seemed to be more interested in chatting and their 'phones than maintaining the bar .