Alicia Parlapiano Median salary. There is also an unexpectedly competitive Senate race in Utah between Senator Mike Lee, a Republican, and Evan McMullin, an independent. The Associated Press has not yet called the race. Nate Cohn Nov. 8, 2022, Gov. Nov. 8, 2022, Rural counties in Virginias 7th district are counting votes more quickly than its most populous and left-leaning county, Prince William. display: block; Railroad Commissioner Wayne Christian, left, is heading into a runoff in May with Sarah Stogner, who came in second place. She listed her top three priorities as "1. Elected officials should not be career politicians. Stogner did not accept campaign contributions and attracted much of the attention she has received after her seminude stunt. It is imperative that Texas energy resources are maximized, and we promote energy independence. Chris Pappas, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent New Hampshires First Congressional District. . .votebox-scroll-container { } Ruth Igielnik . display: table; .race_header.republican { No - I think the problem with 2 out of 3 of the current officials is that they are career politicians. } Nov. 8, 2022, The Timess election forecast is now running. margin-bottom:16px; Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, wins re-election to the U.S. Senate. Show us with your support. .results_row td:first-child { What areas of public policy are you personally passionate about? overflow: hidden; Streamline the ERCOT & FERC licensing processor expedite the approval of new power substations connected to flared gas. } Warford is taking inspiration from the only Democrat to currently hold statewide office in Florida, Nikki Fried, who won the election for agriculture commissioner in 2018 after campaigning heavily on issues surrounding medical marijuana. His Republican challenger, Herschel Walker, is backed by Donald Trump. This confirmed my love for the law and desire to attend law school. I served in the U.S. Army for 21 years and the Oil & Gas Industry for 30 years. Polls are now closed in Hawaii. align-items:center; What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office? Christian announced months ago that he would seek a second term in 2022, and Warford is an underdog. , Adrian Fontes, a Democrat, defeated Mark Finchem, a G.O.P. Maggie Astor ", "I'm a Christian that has had two amazing careers and have now chosen to enter politics. External Relations: Moira Delaney Hannah Nelson Caroline Presnell Nov. 8, 2022, Results will begin coming in at 6 p.m. Eastern as the first polls close in Indiana and Kentucky, but the pace will really pick up with a slew of closings at 7 and 8. . Warford said her win showed the possibility for Democrats to break through when they run on a very narrow, very popular issue set., Warford has a masters degree from the London School of Economics and has done consulting in the private sector for energy companies. Slocum's career experience includes working as an oil and gas consultant, the vice president of operations of Artemis Energy, Inc., and the chief compliance officer of Fenix Petroleum Group LLC. . deadline: Jan. 31 Early voting starts: Feb. 14 Early voting ends: Feb. 25 Poll times: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Absentee/mail-in deadline: March 1 They defeated Tom Slocum Jr., Marvin Summers, and Dawayne Tipton in the Republican primary for Texas Railroad Commission on March 1, 2022. Four counties all of which supported Trump in 2020 voted for Shapiro but chose Dr. Oz, the Republican, for the Senate. display: none; color: #fff; Virginias Seventh District is one of three races in the state that could offer an early sign of whether the Democrats can retain control of the House. I think Railroad Commissioners should have previous experience in the oil and gas industry and not government/politics. Two years and then went on to caddying on the golf course. Wayne Christian, incumbent commissioner overseeing oil and gas industry, is headed to a runoff. | Among them: Pennsylvania, Michigan and Texas. Herschel Walker, Republican, advances to a runoff election for the U.S. Senate seat in Georgia. display: flex; text-align: center; A majority of employees have worked at the Railroad Commission for one to 10 years . Incumbents are bolded and underlined. One of three seats on the Commission . }) margin: 8px auto; Lt. Gov. Nov. 9, 2022, John Fetterman, the Democratic candidate for Senate, won by a smaller margin than Josh Shapiro, the Democratic candidate for governor. width: 100%; , Republicans formally captured 218 House seats, a delayed yet consequential finish to the 2022 midterm elections. Do you have a photo that could go here? If the candidate disagrees with an edit, he or she may request the full removal of the survey response from Ballotpedia.org. font-size: 12px; .inner_percentage.Democratic { , Marc Molinaro, Republican, wins U.S. House seat to represent New Yorks 19th Congressional District. The state established the Railroad Commission in 1891 to prevent monopolies in the oil industry. "I love this industry and Texans deserve better than Waynes empty sound bites.". Alicia Parlapiano ", "I am an experienced oil and gas attorney focusing on bringing fair, predictable, and effective leadership to the Railroad Commission of Texas. } Experienced lawyer with no long term interest in politics. Greg Abbott brushed off a well-funded challenge from Beto ORourke, winning a third term as Texas governor. Transparency USA tracks loans separately from total contributions. Democrats also won the Governors office, State Senate, and appear poised to take the State Assembly, and voters affirmed abortion rights in the state. background-color: #f9d334; Janet Mills of Maine. Maggie Astor Preventing federal intervention in Texas energy regulation (we can govern ourselves); 3. Year in Review Publication. .non_result_row { Warford is undeterred, saying he believes the grid failure fundamentally changes the calculus for the race. Alicia Parlapiano I want to put Texas families first. .inner_percentage.Republican { .results_table_container { Hes outperforming Biden across the state and is currently up 8 points in counties that were the closest in 2020. What is something that has been a struggle in your life? } State and local courts | Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data? "The Texas Railroad Commission played a major role in the February 2021 grid failure . How long did you have it? .votebox-scroll-container { , Kathy Hochul, New Yorks first female governor, beat Rep. Lee Zeldin in the states closest race in decades. Stacey Abrams has conceded to Brian Kemp, the Republican governor of Georgia. To retain control of the House, Democrats must win 46 of these seats (after accounting for the races the parties are expected to win most easily). Citizen's rights under the law. In college I worked as a receptionist at a law firm. , George Santos, Republican, wins U.S. House seat to represent New Yorks Third Congressional District. .race_header.libertarian { Is there a book, essay, film, or something else you would recommend to someone who wants to understand your political philosophy? Albert Sun I want to bring my skills and industry experience to the RRC to put Texas families first. Federal courts | Officials say the timing of results will depend on how many people return their ballots at the last minute on Election Day. .race_footer { Landowners and the general public have been left out of the conversation for too long - resulting in crony capitalism. Attorney General .panel-body p { Follow along here Slocum said on his website, "I will focus on adopting smart energy-strong policies while maintaining a stable job creation strategy to support and strengthen our economy through our independent oil, gas, and energy production. padding-left: 20px !important; Voters in Vermont decided in favor of including abortion protections in their state constitution. Now that Ive got your attention, lets get dressed and get to work. The Railroad Commission of Texas provides links to the agendas of the meetings. Luke Warford, the partys former chief strategy officer, said in an interview with The Texas Tribune that he is running for the Texas Railroad Commission because I genuinely think this is one of the most important elected offices in the state and because the current people serving on the commission are only looking out for their interests and the interests of their friends, not the interests of Texans.. Nate Cohn display: block; The campaign for Railroad Commission typically doesnt attract as much attention as other races, but this year was different. Ballot measures, Who represents me? Stogner and Christians other opponents in the race Dawayne Tipton, a former oil field roughneck who has worked various oil sector jobs including offshore drilling, and Tom Slocum Jr., an engineering consultant from the Houston area all criticized Christian and the Railroad Commission for not being proactive before and during last years deadly winter freeze. And Kansas Democratic governor, Laura Kelly, is in a tight re-election race, as is Gov. background-color: grey; I don't see my self as a politician, but a problem solver. } I have other assets," along with a laughing emoji. Nov. 9, 2022, J.D. We need to responsibly develop natural resources without compromising the environment. Individuals registering for RRC alternative fuel training, continuing education and exam events will now register using the Certification Exam Registration & Training System orCERTS. Nate Cohn , Gov. } Lazaro Gamio I am a fiscal conservative and value maximizing efficiency and cutting waste. Nov. 10, 2022, Support for the abortion proposal was stronger than support for reelected Governor Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, in 76 of the states 83 counties. } Albert Sun Click here to submit it for this profile! Races to watch include those in the 17th, 18th, 19th and 22nd Congressional Districts, as well as the contest for governor. What qualities does this office possess that makes it a unique and important part of the state government and legal system? The Railroad Commission of Texas, a recognized worldwide leader in the regulation of oil and gas, is searching for individuals in variety of career fields such as: Engineering - Chemical, Civil, Environmental, Mining, Petroleum Geosciences - Data Analysis; Environmental, Geomorphology, Mining, Oil & Gas, Site Remediation, Soil Sciences. } I believe in limited government. I am a hard worker, I am detail oriented, and I get stuff done. ". Research: Josh Altic Vojsava Ramaj Texas Railroad Commissioner election, 2022 (March 1 Republican primary) Elections in Texas, 2022 Primary date: March 1 Mail-in registration deadline: Jan. 31 Online reg. Maggie Astor Nov. 10, 202110 AM Central. All meetings are on Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Brian Kemp gained more votes compared to Trump in 2020 all across Georgia, beating Stacey Abrams by a more than seven-point margin. Representative Tom Malinowski, a second-term incumbent, conceded his race for re-election to his Republican opponent, Tom Kean Jr. Protect the environment and consumers by ensuring that fossil fuel extraction and energy production, storage, and delivery minimize harmful effects on the states natural resources. margin: 0; I'm a servant-leader with amazing leadership skills. Were tracking the remaining uncalled House races, and the most recently called races, as states continue to count the remaining votes. margin-right: 10px; font-weight: 200; --highlights-background: #d3d4d5; margin: 5px 0 5px 0; The first polls are closing in Indiana and Kentucky. Notices of Open Meetings are filed with the Office of the Secretary of State. line-height: 1.5em; Railroad Commission of Texas. Nov. 9, 2022, More than 210 Republicans who questioned the 2020 election have won seats in the U.S. House and Senate and in state races for governor, secretary of state and attorney general, according to results as of 12 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday. He will face Sarah Stogner, who won 15% of the vote, in a runoff. Stogner said the video was meant to draw attention to the importance of the office and the dangers of groundwater pollution, telling television station KBTX in Bryan, Texas, "Ive been jumping up and down for years. Because his death was three weeks before the primary election, Summers name still appeared on the ballot.[1][2]. top: -1px; Texas Railroad Commissioner election, 2022 (March 1 Republican primary), Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey responses, Campaign contribution to Christian detailed in lawsuit, Candidate releases topless video on TikTok. I think being a man or woman of action is very important for an elected official. Lazaro Gamio background-color: #6db24f; by Alejandra Martinez and Erin Douglas Nov.. font-style: italic; The following key messages were curated by Ballotpedia staff. } While Tuesdays election represented a strong performance by a first-term presidents party, the individual showings of Senate candidates varied widely. font-size: 20px; Do you believe that it's beneficial for holders of this office to have previous experience in government or politics? var nTimer = setInterval(function() { .results_row.winner { overflow-x: scroll; .answer-photo-container { .votebox-results-cell--number { 2. Public policy, Communications: Alison Graves Carley Allensworth Abigail Campbell Sarah Groat Caitlin Vanden Boom I started out as a floor hand on an oil rig, and with hard work and dedication, I worked my way up to eventually a subject matter expert for a leading oil and gas insurer, mitigating and assessing risk. We need to include all stakeholders (including operators, landowners, mineral owners, regulators, and the general public) at the table as we usher in the next era of Texas energy independence.". } , Senator Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire was re-elected, holding on to one of Democrats most vulnerable seats in a tight contest for Senate control. While the three majority-Hispanic counties Hendry, Miami-Dade and Osceola shifted the most, Latino turnout tends to drop more in the midterms compared with other groups. Republicans have flipped four House seats in New York, two districts on Long Island and two in the Hudson Valley. } Katija Gruene advanced from the Green convention for Texas Railroad Commission on April 18, 2020. Montana voters rejected a proposal that would have required medical interventions to save those that the state defines as born alive infants. Incumbent Christi Craddick defeated Roman McAllen and Mike Wright in the general election for Texas Railroad Commission on November 6, 2018. So if I have to name a struggle, it's the constant change that comes with moving frequently. , Emilia Sykes, Democrat, wins U.S. House seat to represent Ohios 13th Congressional District. Heres the naked truth, guys. The Book - Good to Great by Jim Collins, written over 25 years ago. width: 50px; Nov. 17, 2022, The gap between the candidates for Arizona governor narrowed considerably after Nov. 8 as late absentee ballots were tallied, including ones dropped off on Election Day. Lazaro Gamio I personally consider the RRC's responsibility to the Texans citizens as the most important. font-size: 2em; When reported data comes in that is not what we expected, our model will update and incorporate this new data. @media only screen and (min-width: 600px) { Read more padding-left: 0; margin-top: 16px; } padding-bottom: 5px; She sees something she wants to achieve and she fights hard for it until she succeeds. .race_header.democratic { I'm a husband, a father, a grandfather and a great grandfather. The Railroad Commission, through its Oil and Gas Division, regulates the exploration, production, and transportation of oil and natural gas in Texas. Public Lands Commissioner . What qualities do you possess that you believe would make you a successful officeholder? Tech: Matt Latourelle Nathan Bingham Ryan Burch Kirsten Corrao Beth Dellea Travis Eden Tate Kamish Margaret Kearney Eric Lotto Joseph Sanchez, [[Category: Marquee, completed election, 2022]. .indicate_scroll { Texas Railroad Commissioner Runoff Election Results In this surprising runoff for a seat on the Railroad Commission, which regulates the oil and gas industry and came under scrutiny after. The Railroad Commission, the oldest state regulatory agency, employs more than 800 people and has a budget of $144 million this year. width: 100% !important; text-align: center; One of the tightest governors races in the country is between Gov. Maura Healey, the newly elected Democratic governor of Massachusetts is the first openly lesbian woman to be elected governor in the United States. Interns wanted: Get paid to help ensure that every voter has unbiased election information. } We recommend in the GOP primary for Texas Railroad Commissioner Incumbent Wayne Christian faces challengers Dawayne Tipton, Sarah Stogner, Tom Slocum Jr. and Marvin "Sarge" Summers By Dallas. I love Texas and I love my country.". Oil and gas industry experience is imperative for the Railroad Commission to serve Texas citizens responsibly. Mandela Barnes, and there is a close contest for governor. Nov. 8, 2022, Republicans are favored to win the open Senate races in North Carolina and Ohio, but if Democrats have a better-than-expected day, these are two places we might see evidence of it. , Where Senate Candidates Outperformed Biden and Trump. Senator Raphael Warnock of Georgia is one of the most vulnerable Democrats in the Senate. , Matt Cartwright, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvanias Eighth Congressional District. In every job I've had, I have found ways to streamline workflow and improve efficiency. At a time when newsroom resources and revenue across the country are declining, The Texas Tribune remains committed to sustaining our mission: creating a more engaged and informed Texas with every story we cover, every event we convene and every newsletter we send. display: inline; 1, Jrmar Jefferson had won 46% of the vote with 90% reporting; he will face Victor Dunn, who took 28% of the vote, in a runoff election to be the Democratic candidate. } View each candidates loan totals, if any, by clicking View More in the table below and learn more about this data here. } } border-top: 1px solid #ddd; In Colorado, a measure to decriminalize certain psychedelics is close but yet to be decided. width: 50%; . padding-top: 30px !important; padding-bottom: 3px; } Sixteen dockets involved $153,399 in penalties after operators failed to appear at Commission enforcement proceedings. . How old were you at the time? bottom: 2px If Republicans win all of the races where they are currently leading by two points or more, theyll take control of the House. overflow-y: auto; Georgias Senate race might culminate in a runoff election on Dec. 6 if no candidate receives 50 percent of the vote. The results have been certified. width: 100%; The Associated Press has not called New Yorks race for governor but Gov. Are there any little-known powers or responsibilities held by this office that you believe more people should be aware of? .votebox_legend .non_result_row { The Commission's regulatory power is unique because oil and gas is responsible for a large portion of the Texas economy. Operators were ordered to come into compliance with Commission rules and assessed $40,644 for oil and gas, LP-Gas or pipeline safety rule violations. John Fetterman has been locked in a bitter contest against Mehmet Oz, the Republican celebrity doctor. Polls just closed in 19 states and Washington, D.C. , Angie Craig, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Minnesotas Second Congressional District. padding-left: 8px; .question-scroll-container { } "[10], The San Antonio Express-News endorsed Stogner in the railroad commissioner primary on February 11, 2022, but withdrew their endorsement after the video and instead gave their support to Dawayne Tipton.[11][12]. I served in the U.S. Army for 21 years and the Oil & Gas Industry for 30 years. In Railroad Commission runoff, GOP candidates court North Texas voters who want them to change agency's confusing name. Our mission is to serve Texas by our stewardship of natural resources and the environment, our concern for personal and community safety, and our support of enhanced development and economic vitality for the benefit of Texans. , Brian Kemp, the Republican governor of Georgia, defeated his Democratic challenger, Stacey Abrams, for a second time. Senator Lisa Murkowski, a Republican, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka. Texas Railroad Commissioner Election Results, https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/11/08/us/elections/results-texas-railroad-commissioner.html. A number of offices are up for a vote -- including major seats like the governor . .votebox { Ron DeSantis won re-election in Florida, cementing Republicans power in a state that was once a key battleground. Ron DeSantis winning the early vote in Miami-Dade County which voted for Hillary Clinton by +29 points just six years ago is yet another sign of growing Republican strength among Hispanic voters. Putting Texans to work to provide clean, reliable, affordable energy; 2. }, 100); "[3] Christian responded to a news report regarding the commission's approval of an oilfield waste repository project in February 2022. background-color: #003388; Vance won Ohio handily even as almost every part of the state voted more for Democrats than they did in 2020. State officials say that counting all of the votes may take several days. Follow along after polls close. I want to ensure that oil and gas jobs are protected so that future generations can improve their lives the same way I was able to. } Regulating intrastate pipelines - the safest way to ensure Texans have access to affordable natural gas energy. I don't see my self as a politician, but a problem solver. overflow-y: hidden; height: 22px; } As part of her efforts to modernize the agency, Craddick has championed an Information Technology overhaul at the Commission, seeking improvements that would upgrade the Geographic Information System, increase public access to the agency's data, and speed up inspections and permitting times. Show us with your support. $52,100. Reporting by Grace Ashford, Maggie Astor, Michael C. Bender, Sarah Borell, Sarah Cahalan, Emily Cochrane, Nick Corasaniti, Jill Cowan, Catie Edmondson, Reid J. Epstein, Nicholas Fandos, Lalena Fisher, Trip Gabriel, Katie Glueck, J. David Goodman, Blake Hounshell, Shawn Hubler, Annie Karni, Maya King, Stephanie Lai, Lisa Lerer, Jonathan Martin, Patricia Mazzei, Alyce McFadden, Jennifer Medina, Azi Paybarah, Mitch Smith, Tracey Tully, Jazmine Ulloa, Neil Vigdor and Jonathan Weisman; production by Andy Chen, Amanda Cordero, Alex Garces, Chris Kahley, Laura Kaltman, Andrew Rodriguez and Jessica White; editing by Wilson Andrews, Kenan Davis, William P. Davis, Kennedy Elliott, Amy Hughes, Ben Koski, Allison McCartney and Karen Workman. } Wisconsins Senate race is leaning toward Senator Ron Johnson, his chambers most endangered Republican incumbent, according to our estimates. In the absence of timely motions for rehearing, decisions are final as stated in these final orders. Wayne Christian 2022 campaign website, "About Wayne Christian," accessed March 11, 2022, This information was current as of the candidate's run for Texas Railroad Commission in 2022, Submitted Biography: "I come from a long line of strong, Texas conservative family values. text-align: left; .votebox_legend { complete the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection Survey. Lazaro Gamio Jun 2019 - Present3 years 10 months. Nov. 9, 2022, Democratic House candidates outperformed Biden in several Michigan districts, bucking a rightward trend and maintaining seven of their seats. For more on how we select candidates to include, click here. Nov. 8, 2022, Republicans must win just 19 competitive seats to retake majority control from the Democrats. The results have been certified. $(".collapse-all").on('click', () => { padding-top: 8px; Sign up for The Brief, our daily newsletter that keeps readers up to speed on the most essential Texas news. Albert Sun Tom Slocum Jr. (R), Sarah Stogner (R), Marvin Summers (R), and Dawayne Tipton (R) completed Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey. font-weight: 100; However, the inherent graphical nature of the Public GIS Viewers and the volumes of data represented make accessibility more difficult. . When President John Kennedy Kennedy was shot and killed in Dallas, TX. . Nov. 8, 2022, Its still early in Wisconsin, but it looks close. Because Alaska uses ranked choice voting, we may not know the winner until Nov. 23. , Kim Schrier, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Washingtons Eighth Congressional District.