1 overall pick. The prospects will be there, and they have the picks to collect multiple valuable assets, so theres no doubt San Antonio can walk away as winners of the Draft when all is said and done. 7'4" Im not an advocate of drafting for need, but the Hornets desperately need to improve their frontcourt, and they could do that by selecting Dukes Mark Williams. Former Ohio State wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba is the first wide receiver taken in the 2023 NFL Draft in Mel Kiper Jr.'s Mock 2.0, which was released Tuesday. . However, Walker and Vassell both seem to boast more upside moving forward. Of course, these rankings will change, but here is how we see the prospects at the moment. As a change-of-pace ball-handler with good size and defensive upside, there is so much to like about Daniels potential fit in New Orleans. Hes the extrovert when it comes to things like that. by Derek Bast. The 7-foot center isn't a modern big but his ability to alter shots and catch lobs at the rim is still valuable. Although he isnt getting much buzz as a potential first-round pick, Gonzaga guard Andrew Nembhard was easily one of the best players at the NBA Draft Combine. UCF What we learned from the Spurs win over the Pacers, Devin Vassell and Jeremy Sochan showed the Spurs future is bright against the Pacers. When youre a 7-footer who can shoot, and Butler can, youre going to get some love in the first round. This Murray won't quite do that but has still shown enough as a versatile two-way player to be selected in this draft. Hood-Schifino is a combo guard with size who can shoot. 20-year-old forward Jake LaRavia is one of my favorite do-it-all prospects in this draft class, an ideal modern-day four. 2024 Mock NBA Draft: Could Bronny James Go To The Spurs? He's a natural scorer who is averaging 19.0 points and 8.3 rebounds while shooting 44.4% from 3-point range on 7.1 attempts per contest. The Nuggets could use as much non-Nikola Jokic playmaking as possible and Hardy is a potential playmaker. It's a really solid class. The Rockets dont have a true point guard, so he can step right in and be a go-to playmaking option. By pressing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the. That includes the likes of Lonnie Walker IV, Devin Vassell, Joshua Primo and Keldon Johnson. The Spurs may be tempted to add talented size in Jalen Duren or Jeremy Sochan but, at the end of the day, I think itd be too difficult to pass on Mathurin. Based on his insane athleticism and ability to just destroy the basket, Id be surprised if he went any lower than No. The Spurs have made another later season addition to the roster. Davis reportedly met with the Spurs for a pre-draft workout, and if he is available when San Antonio is on the clock, its a marriage that would make a lot of sense. I like the fit of Daniels next to Damian Lillard. (coverage begins at 7:30) 2022 Traded Draft Picks Im versatile and I know how to score from all over the court. 2023 Minute Media - All Rights Reserved. Johnson has the potential to play either left guard or right tackle to boost Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard. He has great hands and dunks everything (he led the nation in dunks, in fact). Indiana Pacers: Dominick Barlow (Elite: Big, Overtime, 6-9). / 193 lbs. Sacramento Kings: Wendell Moore (Duke Blue Devils: Wing, Junior, 6-5), 50. The Spurs roster isnt necessarily balanced at this point. 6'7" As always, I should remind you that team needs are not considered for this mock draft because while SportsLine projections are used to determine the order, the official draft order won't be set until after the lottery. / 195 lbs. For the Spurs, its going to be all about figuring out a vision. The path to the 2023 NFL Draft will cross a major checkpoint with the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine taking place at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis from Feb. 28 to March 6. His brother is considered the slightly better prospect, but the Thompson twins are similar and potentially special at the next level. Cleveland Cavaliers: Christian Braun (Kansas Jayhawks: Wing, Junior, 6-6), 40. Sign up for the Layup Lines newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Note: The 2022 draft will only have 58 picks after the Bucks and Heat were stripped of their. A random Wednesday night in the NBA had some remarkably efficient performances, Open Thread: Spurs Reppin in All-Stars throughout history. Oklahoma City Thunder Ousmane Dieng. I think he is a great pre-drafting candidate, as someone who is selected well beyond when he is able to actually provide any positive value. Olave offers a great quickness, speed and burst to be a No. The 6-foot-6 wing willed himself from fringe pro prospect to an NBA free-agent contract. Since our last update after the order was set, a lot has changed. With Jakob Poeltl becoming a free agent after the season, drafting Williams would give the Spurs options including trading Poeltl once the Spurs are sure Williams will pan out. / 165 lbs. FULL INTERVIEW: https://t.co/Lp7QnnI61o @_moneyballrypic.twitter.com/1mffxhN85g, Bryan Kalbrosky (@BryanKalbrosky) May 12, 2022. After winning a national title, Kansas wing Ochai Agbaji is one of the only upperclassmen I have with a first-round grade in this mock draft. / 195 lbs. The San Antonio Spurs selecting Mathurin, Jovic, and Miller signals this team is looking to maximize upside with all four of their picks in the 2022 NBA Draft. Ayton, 23, is likely set to receive max contract offers on the open market. But, at least for now, I'm slotting Alabama standout Brandon Miller third in my updated 2023 NBA Mock Draft because the 6-foot-9 wing just checks a lot of boxes as it pertains to what works in the NBA. The Thunder have playmakers and passers. David Robinson Will Represent San Antonio Spurs at 2022 NBA Draft Lottery, Tiebreakers: Spurs Land Picks 20 and 25 in 2022 NBA Draft, San Antonio Spurs 2022 NBA Draft Primer: Tiebreakers, Priorities and More, What's at Stake for Spurs During the 2022 NBA Draft Lottery, 2021 San Antonio Spurs NBA Draft Lottery Preview and Odds. NFL Mock Draft 2022 - Round 1. He nailed it.. 7'1" Jaquez is a little older and a tad less-athletic than most first-round picks but he just knows how to play basketball. Wallace's back issues this season have caused a concern, if only because they're unusual for a player his age. 4 overall. Fr 6'8" As a promising off-the-dribble creator that could pay off in a big way with G League seasoning, Blake Wesley could be the swing factor for this class. Here's Yahoo Sports' latest look at the first round of the 2022 NBA draft. If I have to guard the best guy on the court but I wont get a shot for ten possessions, Ill do that. Liddell is a win-now pick. * 21+ (19+ CA-ONT) (18+ NH/WY). Charlotte Hornets: Justin Lewis (Marquette Golden Eagles: Big, Sophomore, 6-7), 46. Unknown in 2022, Alcaraz returns to Rio Open as a . Cleveland is a 5-star recruit. They hit big-time on Rashawn Slater for starting left tackle and Smith, a late fast-rising powerful natural run blocker with great athletic upside, would be another smart choice. But his abilities as a shot creator at the rim and on the perimeter make him an enticing project. Jackson reclassified and enrolled at South Carolina, ensuring he'd be the latest one-and-done lottery pick to play a mostly insignificant season of college hoops. He's an explosive athlete who shoots it well enough from 3-point range to make him a lock for the top-10 of this draft even if Villanova is having a disappointing season. L.A. Clippers: Dereon Seabron (North Carolina State Wolfpack: Wing, Sophomore, 6-7), 44. The draft combine begins this week in Chicago where players will have a chance to improve their draft stock. NFL Draft will soon become an official reality. He should be the first college player selected although Jarace Walker (Houston), Keyonte George (Baylor), Nick Smith Jr. (Arkansas) and Cam Whitmore (Villanova) are also obvious candidates to be the first college player selected. Sochan, Vassell lead Spurs past Pacers in Popovich's absence. They could think offensive line here, but with Pickett still available from having a big breakout season in the same city, he's the ideal deep-ball accurate pocket passer for Matt Canada, also packed with athleticism and moxie for a transitional playoff team. 6'4" The Packers can explore a speed demon such as Jahan Dotson to help replace Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling, but ultimately, they can opt to go for an Adams-like frame to help Aaron Rodgers. He needs to add quite a bit more weight to his frame before he can step on the floor. Memphis Grizzlies: Tevin Brown (Murray State Racers: Guard, Senior, 6-5), 48. The Nets want to win now. While I have always loved his athleticism, he took a huge step forward with his on-ball skills and his shooting on all three levels in 2021-22. Daniels will be a very good defender and will take pressure off of Lillard on that end. His shot is the swing-skill that'll determine whether he was a good or bad pick at this point in the draft. In the latest Mel Kiper Jr. mock draft for ESPN ahead of the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, the Commanders get some much-needed help on the offensive line in the form of Tennessee offensive tackle Darnell Wright. Between the legs dunk. However, the NFL Combine is this week, and rookie draft stocks will rise and fall over the next few days. South Carolina Acquiring the 19th pick and a potential stud in that of power forward Jarred Vanderbilt would be seen as a coup for San Antonio. He had a rough end to his collegiate career in the tournament, but I dont think thats anything to worry about. The Packers need a versatile subpackage option behind Preston Smith and Rashan Gary. The 2022 Draft class started its NBA journey in Brooklyn on Thursday night. Our @BryanKalbrosky recently spoke with the 6-foot-11, left-handed ball handler to discuss his role at the next level.https://t.co/ZCF0gpdg4K pic.twitter.com/QqC9nnxNZz. The Pacers could use a backcourt defender. Still, the 6-9 18-year-old is immensely talented and worthy of being picked in the lottery. Still, his potential to be a two-way lead guard is intriguing, especially considering he's shooting above 40% from 3-point range for a big-brand SEC program. There are valid concerns about some of his statistical shortcomings while in college, and its fair to raise your eyebrows about late stock risers. The 2022 Finals MVP and four-time champion annually anchors the points, threes and free throw percentage categories in fantasy basketball. 6'3" Terry is a long, lean defender with burgeoning offensive skills. The Saints should welcome the development of landing this different kind of "Greek freak" after desperately missing the production Trey Hendrickson opposite Cameron Jordan and Karlaftis can be either a key situational asset or push Marcus Davenport back into that role. I think the biggest surprise of the draft will be how high Florida States John Butler hears his name called. Orlando Magic: Patrick Baldwin (Milwaukee Panthers: Wing, Freshman, 6-9), 33. If the Spurs can get a nice bounty for Johnson before he collects a big check following the 2022-23 season, it would make sense. But hes an undeniably worthwhile gamble for a rebuilding team like the Oklahoma City Thunder, who would love to add another lengthy ball-handler especially as he seems to be ascending on his development curve. NBA Draft; Odds; NCAA WBK . outside of the lottery who manage to stick around as positive contributors once they turn pro. 20. 28. Although the Ohio State freshman wasnt expected to be a one-and-done player in college, Branham played his way into lottery consideration. Dotson's speed-quickness big-play skill set for either outside or inside is how they can tap best into what Hill gave them for Patrick Mahomes. For good reason. Here. But if he stays in, he would be the youngest (and arguably most fascinating) prospect in this class. Aside from needing a steadfast go-to scorer, San Antonios most glaring hole on their roster is a lack of talent at both forward positions. Thats where youre going to get the most bang for your buck. 21 overall) in the 2020 NBA Draft. With Jalen Williams, the Spurs roll the dice and hope that theyve discovered a playmaking wing. His 3-point percentage being above 40% suggests he'll be a reliable shooter at the next level. They had the worst 3-point percentage in the NBA in 2021-22, and Smith would immediately help their spacing concerns next season. Soph The Jets should be thrilled if Thibodeaux slips here to become the explosive cornerstone pass-rusher for coach Robert Saleh, which will remind him of having Nick Bosa powering his defense in San Francisco. Williams has a larger standing reach than NBA centers like Rudy Gobert and Mo Bamba. In a class that lacks quality floor generals, Nembhard provides that at a high level. / 213 lbs. New Orleans Pelicans: Jaylin Williams (Arkansas Razorbacks: Big, Sophomore, 6-10), 42. UCLA The Eagles will find it hard to pass on London should he be available given his outside big-play skills and big fame. 22 in the 2023 NFL Draft. Hes not a quick twitch-athlete and struggles to explode in traffic, which are flaws that could potentially dampen his draft stock. He was also a standout on the AAU circuit for the PSA Cardinals, one of the top programs in NYC. I think big man Jalen Duren will start getting looks as early as No. Im a jack of trades. / 185 lbs. Iowa Ive got a first-round grade on Rollins, and think he has helped himself in the pre-draft process. This means San Antonio would be picking for Phoenix at nine. I wrote about some of my defensive concerns for Mathurin in the previous edition of my mock draft, which you can read here. With the selection order firmly in place, the sports media has been publishing its respective mock drafts including College Sports Wire's Patrick Conn who released his sixth edition of . He's been up and down for an up-and-down Indiana team for much of this season but still projects as a quality NBA player for many years to come. I got to know Sochan, who told me about how he plan to bring "positive energy" to whatever team he plays for in the pros. Sochan and Koloko are two prospects that can carve out a role for themselves quickly, but they also have significant upside as prospects. Fr The @toledo_mbb star is one of the players I'm most excited to watch at the NBA draft combine in Chicago. Aging Ryan Jensen is back for Tom Brady but the team also lost Ali Marpet to retirement and Alex Cappa for free agency at guard. When the lottery balls stopped bouncing, the San Antonio Spurs ended up with the ninth overall pick in the 2022 NBA Draft. The Brooklyn Nets opted to defer the option to use the No. The Ravens are in a decent position to take the best defensive player available for their needs vs. an offensive lineman. On the other end, Daniels passing ability would be valuable. Dieng, a jumbo initiator, is one of the biggest boom-or-bust prospects in this class. 6'6" Should he go to the right situation, former Tennessee star wide receiver Jalin Hyatt could be an . Thats a similar range to where the Sixers were able to land Tyrese Maxey (No. / 220 lbs. 2022 NBA Mock Draft, Picks & Predictions: Bets and Analysis for the Top 20 Prospects NBA Credit: Brian Sevald/NBAE via Getty Images. San Antonio Spurs: Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee Volunteers: Guard, Freshman, 6-0), 39. 6'9" The 2022 San Antonio Spurs draft includes a whopping three first-round picks after general manager R.C. The guy whod say Hey, fellas, lets make sure we pick up the trash in the cafeteria. He was that guy. Despite some other intriguing options, it's hard to argue with this assessment. The 2023 NFL Draft is still roughly two months away. Golden State Warriors MarJon Beauchamp. In Mathurin, they add someone. Duke There is a plethora of mock drafts to sift through, projecting where each player will be drafted. For whatever reason, we dont have a particularly deep international draft this year. An ad blocker has likely prevented this video content from loading. That said, I think they roll the dice on Sharpe. Im not convinced the Kings keep the pick, however, and I think they could get solid value if they want to trade for a veteran. Alicia Devine/Tallahassee Democrat / USA TODAY NETWORK, Florida State Seminoles: Big, Freshman, 7-1. 1 Tre'Davious White will be coming off a torn ACL for his Age 27 season. Lloyd is slipping a bit because of his position and how his skill set relates to Georgia's Nakobe Dean, also a strong second-half first-round prospect. Im long, athletic. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: nba | pageType: stories | The Chiefs could use some help in the middle between Nick Bolton and Willie Gay and very much like Lloyd in a smaller, more compact package, Dean is a rangy playmaker who does everything well required of the position, including fly over the field and inspire with his leadership. By Andrew Norton | Apr 14, 2022, 10:03am Welcome to the first edition of the Lineups.com 2022 NBA Mock Draft. The San Antonio Spurs found out where they stand in the 2022 NBA Draft after the conclusion of the Draft Lottery on Tuesday night. Marcus Epps has been just OK and Anthony Harris has faded fast. Murray's twin brother (Keegan Murray) developed into a top-five pick at Iowa. . Tag: 2024 Mock NBA Draft. / 200 lbs. Mafe has been an astronomical riser because of recent showcases of his explosiveness and top-flight athleticism. Williams can also shoot it straight, as he averaged 18.0 points on 51.3% shooting from the field, 39.6% shooting from three-point range and 80.9% shooting from the line. Boston Celtics: Yannick Nzosa (Unicaja Malaga: Big, International, 6-11), 54. Duke Duke I agree to receive the "CBS Sports HQ Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. This would be a slide for Sochan. Braun could be that guy. 23 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, and will instead inherit Phillys pick next season. Until then, it's anybody's best guess how this year's selections will unfold, starting with . They also have another pick headed their way later in the round, most likely from the Los Angeles Clippers. I can score from all three levels. Lewis has developed into a big-time scorer and reliable 3-pointer shooter in his second season in the West Coast Conference. There's not a franchise in the NBA that isn't in the market for a wing with size who can guard multiple positions and make 3-pointers. Kansas When asked about potentially suiting up for San Antonio next season, the Wisconsin standout guard had this to say: Playing under coach Popovich, the most famous coach in NBA history, would be something I would really want to happen.. Orlando Magic: Caleb Houstan (Michigan Wolverines: Wing, Freshman, 6-8), 36. 6'9" Thats where the Spurs and their combination of veteran players and draft picks could come into play. To get a better projection of where all of the projected top prospects stand currently, we compiled mock drafts from ESPN, The Athletic, Bleacher Report, The Ringer, Sports Illustrated,. With limited weaknesses as Super Bowl contenders, they should look for a direct replacement for Wallace outside. Less than two months remain until the 88th annual edition of the 2023 NFL draft, which kicks off on April 27 and runs until April 29 in Kansas City, Missouri. Franchises that focus on that will be glad they did and likely get a steal near the bottom of the first round. 36. The Jaguars have been locked into taking the best defensive player available for a while and that won't change as they go after the cornerstone for their new-look defense under coordinator Mike Caldwell. By selecting Sochan, Koloko, and LaRavia, the Spurs would get immediate help in the frontcourt from day one. He's a wing with size who is shooting above 40% from 3-point range on more than seven attempts per game. All betting content is intended for an . Note: The 2022 draft will only. He is going to become a better 3-point shooter, one NBA scout, who believes Banchero is the best player in the class, told For The Win. Portland Trail Blazers: Jaden Hardy (Ignite: Guard, G League, 6-4), 37. Sam Presti swings for the fences with another project with hypothetical star potential. Sr PFF has Baltimore selecting Utah CB Clark Phillips III at pick No. 2022 Draft Key Dates April 13-16 - The 2022 Portsmouth Invitational Tournament April 24 - Early entry deadline May 17 - NBA Draft Lottery! Among high-major underclassmen 6-foot-6 or taller, Terrys advanced stats query results yielded the likes of Scottie Barnes, Draymond Green, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Anderson, and Ben Simmons. Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. The Chiefs added JuJu Smith-Schuster and Valdes-Scantling after trading Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins but they also lost Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson in free agency and the jury's out on Mecole Hardman beyond return duties. / 230 lbs. Odds & lines subject to change. 1 overall. Houston also has a surplus of draft picks over the next few years, and with his unique profile, I predict they take a home run swing here. The Blazers need centers. ESPNs Mike Schmitz has compared Terry to Barnes, and when you listen to Terry speak, its easy to see why. All 262 picks in the 2022 NFL Draft will soon become an official reality. For San Antonio, this years iteration of the NBA Draft is going to be key for the team to retool and earn a playoff spot after a three-season hiatus. Coley Cleary / USA TODAY Sports Media Group, https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-mock-draft-2022-rumors-chet-holmgren-jabari-smith, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Projected trade with Chicago Bears - CHI receives 2023 first-round pick (7), 2023 second-round pick (38), 2024 first-round pick, 2024 fourth-round pick - LV receives 2023 .