We meet frequently all year round to make our officials better. Khari Bendolph and King Forrester will be splitting reps at running back and wide receiver, "We were able to get a lot done (this summer) as far as new installs," Giovine said. Zo'Marion Harper, who started at quarterback last year and earned first-team all-county honors, is expected to play for Clewiston this year. I believe that through collaboration and teamwork involving students, parents, teachers, administration, and community, we can accomplish anything. One of Delgados chief goals will be to see if his team can get better week by week with the hope that they will find their best between now and Week 10. The punishment comes after Toukonen was ejected from a Sept. 3 loss to Barron Collier after the conclusion of the game. "It's been much different," he said. 0:04. That includes 6-foot-2 wide receiver Ted Blanchard and defensive backs Jacques Marcellus and Akeem Cummings. You know we want to win every one of them, no doubt about it. "The kids worked really hard and then once the season hit, we've been patching everything up together to make sure we're all set, and we're looking forward to playing the kids. Palmetto Ridge's Kensley Louidor Faustin (3) celebrates during a non-district high school football game between Gulf Coast and Palmetto Ridge, Friday, Oct. 8, 2021, at Palmetto. Last season, Kepley passed for 1,453 yards and 17 touchdowns in seven games, with only one interception. Schedule:Aug. 26 at Key West; Sept. 2 at Barron Collier; Sept. 9 vs. Lake Brantley; Sept. 16 at Hardee; Sept. 23 vs. Lely; Sept. 30 at Gulf Coast; Oct. 7 vs. Naples; Oct. 14 vs. Immokalee; Oct. 21 at Fort Myers; Nov. 4 vs. Golden Gate, Lehigh at Cypress Lake preseason high school football highlight video. Ive never seen that before.. Here are two of our most popular articles to get you started: NCSA College Recruiting (NCSA) is the exclusive athletic recruiting network that educates, assists, and connects, families, coaches and companies so We have broken basically every record in school history and currently its a program where some of the best athletes in SWFL want to play at.. I think thats fantastic, Bears defensive lineman Brennan Van Hoecke. See top plays & highlights of the best high school sports. After the coach continued to argue, Costain ejected him from the contest which officials can do even when the game is over. Among the new faces, South Carolina commit Kelton Henderson transferred in from Island Coast, while Ranod Smith came from Fort Myers and Andre Jocelyn from South. "I think the kids are excited about the challenges ahead," Jackson said. Taking over for Wade Taylor, Cory Mentzer will be in charge of a talented roster, but not without some challenges. By purchasing your own engraved brick to be placed at the foot of the Bear Statue in the stadium, you will leave your name as an alumni or supporter of Palmetto Ridge HS for all to see. ", 4:30 PM - 7:30 PM at 866-495-5172 to learn more. Opening against Dunbar is a difficult task, but a tough early game could have the team well prepared for a schedule that never lets up. Interscholastic Athletics / Palmetto Ridge High (PRH) Sports Calendar Skip to Main Content District Home Select a School. As a principal my philosophy is simple, put students first and involve all stakeholders to ensure that students graduate on time and have a plan after their CCPS career is finished. Port Charlotte; Sept. 16 at Bishop Verot; Sept. 23 at Golden Gate; Sept. 30 vs. Palmetto Ridge; Oct. 7 vs. Cypress Lake; Oct. 14 vs. West Broward; Oct. 28 at Immokalee; Nov. 4 at Barron Collier. 5 - Montezuma Macon County (GA) vs. Stewart-Quitman in 1983, 5 - Linden (NJ) vs. Newark East Side in 1989, 5 - Niobrara County (WY) vs. Pine Bluffs in 2000, 4 - Pebble Beach Stevenson (CA) vs. Carmel in 1987, 4 - Santa Rosa Cardinal Newman (CA) vs. Fort Bragg in 1968. I trust my talents, skills and knowledge in making good judgments that will move me closer to my goals and I pay attention to things I can or need to do better. The test for Indians will be whether they can prove they have grown over the offseason or if they fall back on old habits in the face of adversity. So I want to bring the greatness out of other players, Grimes said. profiles were viewed 4.1 million times by college coaches in 2021. Palmetto Ridge's competition band was placed third at the FMBC State Finals in its introductory year of 2009. Defensively, the Bulldogs have a formidable backfield, led by safeties Franky Rivera and James Donnelly. What a great way to leave your mark and show your support for Palmetto Ridge High School. Palmetto Ridge High School is one of the seven members of the Collier County Athletic Conference. The 2021 season was a rocky one as the team finished 5-5. Demetri Zertopoulis will be the one taking snaps under center, while Wyatt Vanston and Zarian Pierre will be playing wide receiver. I have overcome negative thinking as I learn differently and find writing has always been a strength and an area where I excel. After outscoring their county opponents 160-13, the Raiders needed a late rally to beat defending state champion Miami-Booker T. Washington 16-13, then were routed by Fort Lauderdale-Dillard 31-6 in the Class 1A-6A Gold Bracket semifinals. Parents can honor their own Bear graduate. The Bears offensive touchdown didnt come until the 6:53 mark of the fourth quarter. Camp/Event; F; Manning Passing Academy 6/20/19 to 6/23/19; Highest velocity throw at camp (54.1 mph). Schedule:Aug. 26 at Naples; Sept. 2 at Bishop Verot; Sept. 9 vs. Lake Gibson; Sept. 16 at Riverview; Sept. 30 at Ida Baker; Oct. 7 vs. Sebring, Oct. 14 vs. Charlotte; Oct. 21 vs. North Fort Myers; Oct. 28 at Riverdale; Nov. 3 at Dunbar. With Kamonte in the Bears back pocket and a loaded returning class, expectations could not be any higher in 2020. They like the things that football brings them. The Bears this year will also have a significant advantage anytime number three steps on the field. What a great way to leave your mark and show your support for Palmetto Ridge High School.Go Bears !! The officials said the penalties were offsetting and the play was erased. I do not know of any other association statewide that meets as frequently as GNOA. GNOA president Robb Mackett said incidents with coaches are rare. While Toukonen was at the helm of Palmetto Ridge, he had 21 Naples Daily News All-Area First Team selections. Toukonenwas angry that his request to conference with the officials was denied after the call, the letter states. From there, the Bears would advance to the regional semifinals, the furthest the program has gone in school history. This bears bite was taken up another notch this offseason. The defense got going early when Charlotte had a snap go over its punters head and out of the end zone on its first possession. More High School Football:High school football is back in Palm Beach County as preseason camps . This is why you will hear multiple times on Saturday and Sunday that the previous play is under review.. Concessions at the games will be limited to grab and go snacks and lines will accommodate social distancing as well. Overview: The Bulldogs motto for the 2022 season is All In with Faucette preaching a single-minded goal: get into the state playoffs by any means necessary and win the first postseason game in the programs 18-year history. Dont worryNCSA is Barron Collier also was called for a penalty on the play. Mission accomplished. The Big 15: See who from Naples, FBA, Riverdale, North ranked No. The Tarpons picked up backup Venice quarterback Michael Valentino, who was already showing good chemistry with his receivers in the teams spring game against South Fort Myers. Palmetto Ridge High School is a secondary education school located near Naples, in an unincorporated census-designated place in Collier County, Florida, United States. 5 to 1 for 2022, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Naples-Palmetto Ridge was 9-1 last season and advanced to the second round of the Class 6A state . We appreciate what they do for our student-athletes and they seem to all realize how hard we work at officiating. The region is a loaded one, as 2021 Class 8A champion Venice will be a heavy favorite to get out of the region and win Class 4S. Palmetto Ridge High School has many different extracurricular clubs, including:[8], The District School Board of Collier County web site updates each school's demographics daily. 1st place out of 866 QBs at camp in 2019. Football is my love, as it is the most physically challenging and mentally motivating. There is just a million things you know. A game that was headed toward a blowout early turned into a shootout amongst the teams' stars . The Virginia High School League (VHSL) is an alliance of Virginia's public and approved non-boarding, non-public high schools that promotes education, leadership, sportsmanship, character and citizenship for students by establishing and maintaining high standards for school activities and competitions. Based on theNational Federation of State High School Associations record book. In its sixth year, the National Football Foundation's Collier County chapter has only seen growth and renewed commitment to its yearly scholar-athlete banquet. Nobody could replace him, and the thing he does for us not only on the field but as young men. Schedule:Aug. 26 at South Fort Myers; Sept. 2 vs. Lely; Sept. 9 vs. For 2021, Jackson has scheduled three Miami-Dade County opponents (Booker T. Washington, Miami Carol City, Monsignor Pace), a road trip to perennial Class 8A power Vero Beach and a home game against Atlantic, which won the Class 7A Gold Bracket championship in the tri-county playoffs. Toukonen assumed the reins of the Bears program in January of 2015, posting a 40-30 record, including the schools first undefeated season in 2020. They've done a great job of coming out of that and buying into what we're doing here at Gulf Coast.". Hepler, who has nearly three decades of sustained success as head coach, has the pieces to engineer a quick turnaround. 2021 2020 Southwest Florida Football Recruit Fair (Palmetto Ridge High School), Collier Adult & Community Education Center. I got bigger, I got faster, I got stronger so just every single time I step on the field Im just gonna give 110 percent and go to war, Grimes said. Jackson even scheduled a tough opponent for the Kickoff Classic: Naples-Palmetto Ridge was 9-1 last season and advanced to the second round of the Class 6A state playoffs. Football teams were allowed back on the field for the first day of practice, and for Palmetto Ridge the expectations are sky high behind one of the best players in the area. Images of the Ridge View Blazers vs the Blythewood Bengals in Week 0 of the SCHSL football season in Columbia South Carolina! Watch high school sports and events nationwide, live and on demand, via the NFHS Network. This year they led Palmetto Ridge (9-1) to its first undefeated regular season, its first playoff win, its first appearance in the regional semifinals, and a program-record for wins in a season. 9 min read Spring football games are upon us as Southwest Florida programs are near the end of the 20 days the FHSAA allows teams to get on the field to improve before the. This article originally appeared on Naples Daily News: Palmetto Ridge football coach Chris Toukonen has resigned, Palmetto Ridge football coach Chris Toukonen has resigned. profile and get matched with the right choices. "They like being around each other," Nichols said. Schedule: Aug. 26 at Community School; Sept. 2 vs. Golden Gate; Sept. 9 at Naples; Sept. 16 at Lake Placid; Sept. 23 at Barron Collier; Sept. 30 at South Fort Myers; Oct. 30 vs. Okeechobee; Oct. 14 at Palmetto Ridge; Oct. 28 vs. Gulf Coast; Nov. 4 vs. Lely. Week in week out we seldom have a problem with any game or any coach. Super 11:The Super 11 team has been selected, and 7-11 tell us what makes them so super, More High School Football:High school football is back in Palm Beach County as preseason camps open, rivals are ready to face off, Atlantic DB dedicating season to slain dad:Atlantic cornerback Jekkaven Smith will play senior season in honor of his slain father. Overview: First-year head coach James Delgado has a long-term vision for his new squad one that entails putting the team that played an FHSAA Independent schedule last season on the path to a championship. The Bucs have an overwhelming 95 point lead on second place Southwest Miami and will send six wrestlers into the 4 p.m. finals. Palmetto Ridge is in the process of appealing the suspension. Once your personalized brick is made, it will be placed at the entrance to Bear Stadium for all to see. Toukonen also helped the football program get through tragedy after star football player and wrestler Colby Singletary died in a single-car crash in July 2019. Attended camp annually since 2015 (past four years). SAT Testing (Campus). There's a chance Gulf Coast closes the regular season on at leasta four-game win streak while capturingtheir first district title under Nichols seems imminent in a three-team district featuring Immokalee and Palmetto Ridge, who both have first-year head coaches. We are just going to take it one step at a time. That is a tribute to how hard we work at this.. Overview: The Raiders turned to Hepler, who served as the defensive line coach at South Fort Myers last season after relocating from Georgia, to reenergize a program that hasnt posted a winning season since 2018. Senior defensive end Layton Breckinridge, whom Faucette calls the bedrock of the teams defense, will anchor a front that will more than hold its own in the trenches. We love him and he will be missed, this one really hurts me and the other players.". Raybon impressed in the kickoff classic against Cypress Lake last week. Palmetto Ridges defense made up for an offense that moved the ball but hurt itself with turnovers and penalties. N.C. private schools state champion Providence Day will play Rock Hill's . "I fully acknowledge that I should not have stated that last comment, but their wrongful decision in assessing the penalty took away a record-setting night by the running back at Palmetto Ridge and deprived the team of a potential conference win," Toukonen wrote to the FHSAA. Funds from the Brick Legacy Project will be used to support both Athletic and Academic programs at Palmetto Ridge HS. COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. High school football is back and Collier County is getting ready for Thursday night lights. [4] Palmetto Ridge High School is part of the District School Board of Collier County. Watch highlights from the Lightning's 48-6 preseason win over the Panthers on Aug. 18. It puts a smile on my face, Bragg said when informed of the state record. Each year, NCSA educates over 4 million athletes and their parents about the recruiting process through resources on its website, presentations of the critically-acclaimed seminar College Recruiting Simplified, and with Athletes Wanted, the book written by NCSA founder Chris Krause. He teaches us how to deal with the situation like you would deal with football. KISSIMMEE - As we head into the final day of the 2023 Florida High School Wrestling Championships at the Silver Spurs Arena, South Dade has simply left no doubt who the best team in Florida is. Copyright 2023 Waterman Broadcasting of Florida, LLC, Home News High School Sports Collier County kicks off socially distant high school football season. Toukonen also tried to get the officials to explain the call immediatelyafter it happened, but the officials declined to talk to him on the sideline. 15 to No. I look forward to meeting all of you and hope to see you in attendance at the many different events that will occur at The Ridge.GO BEARS!!! High School Head Coach; Matt Kern ; Events. Three others had recorded four in a game, but none were from Florida. Army Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps, "Academy of Construction and Fine Woodworking", "Palmetto Ridge High School Demographics", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Palmetto_Ridge_High_School&oldid=1118344841, Buildings and structures in Naples, Florida, Educational institutions established in 2005, Articles with dead external links from March 2020, Articles with permanently dead external links, Short description is different from Wikidata, Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata, All articles with vague or ambiguous time, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2012, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Academy of Construction and Fine Woodworking, This page was last edited on 26 October 2022, at 14:10. 5 to 1 for 2022. Thats incredible for our team. Coach Rashad Jackson knew what he had to do if he wanted his team to be "state ready" -- put together the toughest schedule possible. The football program at Palmetto is in a better place than when I got here which is one of the goals of every head coach, Toukonen wrote. Delgado described his roster as being filled with talented players who are tired of being overlooked. The Raiders will face longtime rival and new district foe Lehigh at home in the annual Battle of the Bell game which could decide the 4S-15 champion. Palmetto Ridge High School is dedicated to the learning of individual perspectives and positively. The Bears are expected to have significant playing time returning on offense and defense. Season outlook:The ceiling for the Sharks this season is the highest it's been in quite some time. Information regarding upcoming events and parent seminars, community resources and information regarding continuing adult education programs can be found on the CCPS Parent Academy website at www.collierschools.com/pa. Football teams were allowed back on the field for the first day of practice, and for Palmetto Ridge the expectations are sky high behind one of the best players in the area. On defense, senior defensive back Jaheim Clarke, an Illinois commit, leads a unit that also boasts a pair of talented linebackers in seniors Wyatt Robinson and Colton Flint. [citation needed]. We have the talent level it is going to come down to us as coaches and the players executing on the field, Coach Toukonen said. A roundup of high school football games played on Friday, Oct. 8: Palmetto Ridge 43, Gulf Coast 31. Rather, the coach went to the spot on the field where he normally addresses his team after the game. I want guys to give their 100% when they see me give my 110%. search for recruits on NCSA's platform 741,611 times in 2021. All rights reserved. ", "Impact" players: OL/DLJa'Kavion Nonar, OL/DL Keon Kindred), CB Robert Harris, QB Garrison Kepley,CB Chris Burgess, Aug. 20Naples-Palmetto Ridge (Kickoff Classic). 0:49. The Bears defense also added a touchdown when Jhordan Inniss recovered a fumble in the end zone in the third quarter. The goal of these programs is to help students who are interested in a certain career. Funds from the Brick Legacy Project will be used to support both Athletic and Academic programs at Palmetto Ridge HS. Football; Flag Football; Boys Basketball; Girls Basketball; Lacrosse; Track and Field; Boys Soccer; Girls Soccer; . "This hurt and the program will definitely miss him," Faustin wrote in a text message. By submitting, you agree to receive personalized follow-up and marketing messages from NCSA by email, phone and automated text. Palmetto Ridge football coach Chris Toukonen suspended five games by FHSAA, school appealing Adam Fisher, Naples Daily News 9/15/2021 The Florida High School Athletic Association has. According to the appeals letter, Costain said: "Go ahead, say one more thing, I dare you. Students and coaches at Palmetto Ridge High School have been working hard and practicing ahead of tonights game against Naples High. "Our expectations are always to win a state title. The positive? A lot of people don't give them credit for it, but these are the COVID kids.