} It was also cool to see that news about my election has gone international. tBackground: "#CCCCCC", Meet the Middle East was founded quite a few years ago in an effort, I should say,maybe out of frustration because a lot of other organizations that were working in the MiddleEast, particularly in Palestine, were focusing on peace. In that role, I have been engaging with entities ranging from Childrens Hospital to the US District Attorneys Office. There were no incumbents in this race. I work with Children's Hospital policedepartments, all for just that cultural competency on Islam, Muslims, refugees and immigrants. background-color: #003388; She told5280last year that her parents werent just small business owners. We were fortunate enough to find that. text-align: center; font-size: 12px; }); .votebox { 5280: You were raised in Aurora by Palestinian immigrants. That stuff immediately affects their lives. Emerge Colorado graduate Iman Jodeh was elected to the Colorado House last year. Rep. Iman Jodeh, D-Aurora, finds being a member of the Colorado House almost surreal. Member subscribers also receive the weekly print edition of our award-winning newspaper, containing outstanding features and news stories, in their mailboxes every Saturday. Politician. width: 100% Palestinian-origin Iman Jodeh wins state house seat, following trail blazed by Representatives Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar - Anadolu Agency TRIBUNNEWSWIKI.COM - AKBP Imam Asfali adalah seorang perwira menengah Polri. My father and a few other gentlemen from the community set out on this capital campaign andwent to fundraise cash money to purchase land in Aurora and they went to the Middle East. .race_header { Photo courtesy of Iman Jodeh. Shes gotten notes and interview requests from Palestine, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Canada and Brazil. .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { Iman calls Aurora, CO, home. font-weight: 400; .non_result_row div { To think that all 1.8 billion Muslims in the world function this waywhen it's not the case. That gave me the opportunity to take hundreds of Americans to the Middle East and help them understand the most misunderstood region in the world. height: 50px; It is ourobligation as Muslims to take care of our community regardless of faith. Iam running because I have the experience, perspective, and knowledge needed to competently, boldly, and strongly fight for Coloradans present and future. height: 56px;
color: #337ab7, I was never advocating or doing social justice work to build a track record, Jodeh (pronounced E-man JU-dah) said. Colorado Congresswoman Iman Jodeh is so full of vicious hatred that she makes even Rashida Tlaib look like a pro-Israel advocate. 	}. $('.showResponses').hide(); 	}  That was true through preschool all the way throughhigh school. 	.leg-hnt-leadership > div { 		border: 1px solid #aaa; Vote Smart provides free, unbiased, in-depth information about current officials, candidates, issues, legislation, and voting. 		flex: 0 0 175px;  div.oneoff-scrollbox.regular {  height:400px;  overflow:scroll;  margin:20px;  padding:10px;  border:1px solid gray; } 	    legislatorID: 25865, We have funerals in there. In 2022, the Colorado State Legislature was in session from January 12 to May 11. 		top: 2px; At eight years old, I started working in our deli on the weekends and school vacations, standing on a stool to reach the cash register. 			overflow-x: scroll;   Those women are role models for me. Siri arahan Hadith Omar dan merupakan terbitan Zeel Production. } | I grew up there and it shaped my perspective. 	.inner_percentage.Green { or anything. Iman Jodeh earned a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public policy. 	.results_table { })(); Iman Jodeh did not complete Ballotpedia's 2020 Candidate Connection survey. 	background-color: green;  		position: absolute; Menu. 		column-rule: 1px solid #aaa; 	font-weight: bold; 3,185 followers. 		width: 35px !important; Today there's about thirty mosques and about 75,000 Muslims here. 	color: black; } Share with Us. "A lot of the issues, that I'm concerned with, don't live in a silo," said Rep.. I'm not saying that they just trust other faiths, but what I am saying is that when you come fromcivil war or when you come from war in general, your number-one goal, especially if you havechildren, is survival. Suite 675
 		padding-bottom: 3px; He went back to Palestine, met and married my mom in two weeks and brought her back here.  	} 		color: #888; a born and raised Coloradan from here in Aurora, a first-generation American, daughter of immigrants and refugees, a progressive Democrat, community advocate, educator, and Im running to be the next State Representative of HD 41 to help address needs and make the American Dream a reality for everyone. })     		background-color: #003388; I think just like any faith community, just like any organization, we have hurdles and we are going to navigate this labyrinth till webecome what we envision as a stronger community than say what we were thirty years ago. What traditions from your childhood do you wish to continue in your life and extend toyour family? I'm always telling folks, if you would like me tocome give an Islam 101 to your book club or to your Rotary Club or whatever it is that youhavetell me and I will do it. Iwork with attorney general's office, the US attorney. He also did a lot of speakingto college and high school students, law enforcement groupsabout the Middle East and geopolitics. 		flex-wrap: wrap; $('.collapse').collapse('hide'); For me it became commonplace that what we now know as minority communitieswere actually the majority. They are secular, non-political. The leg up I have on that is that its my normal, its my life, she said. div.survey-scrollbox {  height:400px;  overflow:scroll;  margin:20px;  padding:10px;  border:1px solid gray; } Here, she poses for a portrait in Havana Heights Park at the very same picnic bench where she spent countless days as a child at. 	width: 150px; 		padding: 2px 0; 312 posts. 		width: 100%; In the election, she defeated her Republican opponent, winning 65.86% of the vote. p.survey-response {white-space: pre-line;} We want the best for Colorado," the history-marking lawmaker said. But thats what happened last week when headlines from outlets in Europe and the Middle East celebrated Iman Jodeh becoming the first Muslim lawmaker in state history. My dad owned a small business. In this file photo she talks with supporters and the press at the launch event for her Democratic primary campaign for Colorado House District 41 at the 2nd Home Adult Day Service Center in Aurora on Jan. 21, 2020.  I am running to ensure Colorado is a state where our identities are not used against us, but are protected, celebrated, and praised. "In many Arab countries, it's very traditional for the children's middle name to be their father's first name, and that is a beautiful way to honor lineage and heritage and tradition.," Be Truthful.  Registered Agent: JESSICA CAMPBELL-SWANSON: Phone: 913-687-0064: Email: [email protected]: Designated Filing Agent: NICK SWANSON: Phone: 720-232-8487: Email: [email protected] Financial Summary This data is . 		color: #888; 		padding-bottom: 5px;  As the Colorado Politics team looked to what's likely to come in the 2021 session, we ranked the state officials. You also probably think they are the most anti-Israel American politicians. She is brilliant. .widget-row.heading { ul.key-messages {list-style-type: none; margin-left:10px; } We had scholars flocking to the mosque to be oursheikh and/or imam. How do you believe that non-Muslim Coloradans can become engaged within the ColoradoIslamic community? Iman Mohamad Jodeh is an American politician serving as a Democratic member of the Colorado House of Representatives from the 41st district. Meet Iman Jodeh, Colorado's First-Ever Muslim Lawmaker. 		clear: both; 		margin-bottom: -2px !important; But I also want to continue my track record of advocacy for all communities throughout my tenure at the Colorado State Capitol. Jodeh ( Democratic Party) ran for re-election to the Colorado House of Representatives to represent District 41. })     		flex: 0 0 150px; 	.non_result_row { 		padding-top: 8px; You are probably familiar with anti-Israel lawmakers Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar.  	} 	} 		padding-top: 5px; Its purpose is to inform voters about the legislators political positions. 	    apiKey: "96B21126-2E98-49FB-B21F-619C471959AD", I was very blessed to live with the man [Imans father] who spearheaded a lot of it. The House is composed of 65 members from an equal number of constituent districts, with each district having 75,000 people. Iman Jodeh is running for Colorado's House District 41. She's making history as the first Muslim lawmaker in the state of Colorado. [10], In the 2022 Colorado House of Representatives election, Jodeh was re-elected to represent the 41st district. p.survey-question {font-weight:bold;} There arenumbers that approach 100,000, but I'm being conservative. I practice my religion. 	font-weight: bold; Youve spent most of your professional career as an educator and activist. TO ELECT IMAN JODEH TO COLORADO HOUSE DISTRICT 41. A fewyears later we were moved in and fully operational. I think it'simportant. })  Jodeh is executive director and founder of the local nonprofit Meet the Middle East, and spokeswoman for the Colorado Muslim Society. | Denver, Colorado, United States. The Muslimcommunity has really been around since 1964 here in Colorado. 

. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. Preservation & Archaeology, Iman Jodeh: The Testimony of a Coloradan Muslim, About the State Historic Preservation Office, Program for Avocational Archaeological Certification (PAAC), Stephen H. Hart Awards for Historic Preservation, Archaeology & Historic Preservation Month, Federal Historic Tax Credit Impact in Colorado, Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation, Office of Archaeology & Historic Preservation, State-Approved Museums and Curatorial Repositories, Information for Museums and Curatorial Repositories, Information for Archaeologists, Paleontologists and Researchers, Preservation Planning Unit Resource Center, Colorado State Register of Historic Properties, Recent Listings in the National & State Registers. $('.pastResponses').show(); The freshman legislator smashed through many barriers, but Jodeh insists she's never set out to do so. that is degrading to another person. @media (max-width:600px) { Iman Jodeh is the representative for House District 41 in Aurora, the city she grew up in. The inherent challenges that brings; and sometimes distrustthat also brings with other non-Muslim communities. Iman Jodeh's work representing an extremist mosque in Denver appears at odds with her progressive proposals. We raised $2 million and expanded. UNIT F-301 Date Registered: 08/27/2019 AURORA CO 80012 Date Terminated: Phone: 720-220-2157 Fax: Web: IMANFORCOLORADO.COM Purpose: TO ELECT IMAN JODEH TO COLORADO HOUSE DISTRICT 41. top: -1px; .widget-row.Independent, .widget-row.Nonpartisan, .widget-row.Constitution { background-color: #ccc; background-color: grey; Those summers in Palestine are some of the happiest times in my life - at my grandmothers home - basking under the summer sun, playing uno under the lemon tree. .widget-img { I am running to bring Coloradans together, to fight the forces of greed, hate, and cynicism that work to sew fear into our communities and pit us against each other. left: 0px; .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h5.votebox-header-election-type { border: 1px solid #a2a9b1 !important; "We may disagree, and thats OK. Thats what makes democracy work.. $('.collapse').collapse('show'); Iman Jodeh (Q101195275) American politician edit Statements instance of human 0 references sex or gender female 0 references country of citizenship United States of America 0 references given name Iman 0 references family name Jodeh 0 references place of birth Denver 1 reference native language English 0 references Rep. Iman Jodeh. I would love to see American-born Muslims take the helm at one point in the future. See full bio More at IMDbPro Contact Info: View agent, publicist, legal on IMDbPro Known For Protecting Houses of Worship Self 2019 Hide all | | Edit Filmography Hide Self (1 credit) 2019 Protecting Houses of Worship (Documentary short) Self margin: 0; Crossed Over. I'm Iman Jodeh, a born and raised Coloradan from here in Aurora, a first-generation American, daughter of immigrants and refugees, a progressive Democrat, community advocate, educator, and I'm running to be the next State Representative of HD 41 to help address needs and make the American Dream a reality for everyone. [5][13], Last edited on 22 February 2023, at 03:35, 2022 Colorado House of Representatives election, "Iman Jodeh: The Testimony of a Coloradan Muslim | History Colorado", " .. ", "Meet Iman Jodeh, Colorado's first Muslim and Palestinian-American lawmaker", "Iman Jodeh Is Colorado's First-Ever Muslim Lawmaker", "What's in a name? I am running to work in government to serve the people of HD41 and Colorado so our government is working for us not against us. font-weight: bold; While she was a student at the University of Nairobi, she was discovered by photographer Peter Beard. State and local courts | Now that shes been elected, she said she wants to be able to harness her experiences to advocate for everyone in Colorado, especially in House District 41, where shes been a lifelong resident. While those summers spent with her grandmother were happy, she also got to see what was happening to the people there. .key-messages li:last-child { margin-bottom: 0px;} He is also Founder and Senior Consultant for Emerson Hamilton Consulting and Strategies, LLC based in Aurora, Colorado. margin-right: 12px; I did it because it needed to happen, Jodeh said. One member of the societys administrative staff is Iman Jodeh, who serves as public relations director and general secretary. Colorado Health Insurance Exchange Oversight Committee, Public and Behavioral Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2022. complete the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection Survey. if (document.getElementById('leg-hnt-content6402d09427a46').classList.contains('leg-hnt-hide')) { } 92 following. } Can you speakmore to that? Thank you for reaching out. width: 100%; Iman Jodeh Occupation Party Democrat Leadership Position Majority Co-Whip Committee Assignments Appropriations Public & Behavioral Health & Human Services Legislative Council Share Contact Information Mailing Address 200 E Colfax RM 307 Denver, CO 80203 United States Capitol Phone 303-866-2919 Email District and Counties District 41 Counties And one day he came [to Colorado] to visit a friend from college. U.S. Congress | font-weight: 300; background-color: grey; We have a library, we have an office, we have aconference room. I think that that non-Muslims can become more engaged with Muslims by simply reaching outvisiting a mosque. Staff Iman M. Jodeh, MPA Executive Director | [email protected] Iman has worked with international non-profits since receiving her masters degree in Public Policy. } We educate people about theMiddle East through cultural programs. Bills are monitored by BillTrack50 and sorted by action history.