What did Elliot's letter say to Olivia? Stabler approaches the hostess and says, This is my wife, Olivia.. Stabler goes to Bensons apartment after finding his partners card on a victim. Heres how the show said goodbye to Kat and Garland. Rook threatens to hold the button down longer and double the voltage of the shocks. She will put on her writing cap for important trending and pop culture moments, especially ones related to "Law & Order: SVU." A shocked Benson stares at Stabler as he tells the lawyer, "You have no right to use my personal life to make your case. Youre all bottled up, Lewis says. "I wouldve done the same thing," Benson responds. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Zebras is the twenty-second episode and season finale of the tenth season of the police procedural television series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and the shows 224th episode overall. Stabler and Benson recently reunited for the "SVU" spinoff series "Organized Crime," in which Meloni returns as Stabler to head up an organized crime unit in the New York Police Department.. she says. Celebrity Net Worth reports that Christophers peak SVU salary was $395,000 per episode (or about $10 million per season), while the rest of his income comes from acting roles in TV and film as well as voiceover work. No, Mariska Hargitay is not pregnant. My old partner, hed know what to do, she says, a rare reference at this point to Stabler. Beck is a widow; her husband, fellow NYPD Sergeant Michael Dooley, was murdered while on duty. Stabler refuses to sit and listen to what everyone has to say and instead says all questions should go to his supervisor, Sgt. Its actually her call.. ", "Stabler," Rollins says. My friend, youre doing the right thing.. In Season 22, after Kathy's murder, the former partners in (fighting) crime came face to face for the first time since Stabler's exit. But they came pretty darn close. The line is especially meaningful because all Benson wanted for years was a family, especially a child of her own, and no one knew that more than Stabler. Benson notices a bunch of pills on the floor of the bathroom and calls Stabler over to let him know. Winters wanted to return to the show for a long time, though, and felt the time was right during the 13th-season finale. Stabler refuses and says, Too many people have suffered already. Rook then tells Stabler hes a human being, and he passed the test. "It's like the ending of my family.". The episode ends with Benson walking back to her old desk, which prompts Stabler to ask, What are you doing here?. "I used to joke about you two being in a motel room, and now here we are. In Infiltrated, Benson mumbles Elliot in her sleep and wakes up in a hospital bed in Oregon. Although Elliot saw other people while he was separated from Kathy, he and Olivia did not pursue a romantic relationship while Kathy was still alive. Later on, Benson goes into Cragens office after seeing IAB and says, That was a good shooting, captain. Like, Well, are we suddenly in a triangle here? Who else would put up with me?. He then explains how his kids are grown and "have lives of their own. In real life, actor Meloni left the drama due to a dispute over pay which meant him leaving in between seasons 12 and 13. For 12 seasons, Benson and Stabler were partners on Law & Order: SVU. Benson realizes Millfield, the New Jersey captain, is the one who tipped the feds off to her and angrily confronts her about it. And then he delivers a line that continues to haunt fans until this day: I think if I talked to you about how Sadly, Benson cuts him off at this point, so viewers still dont know how Stabler was about to finish that thought. Well you are going through a divorce and you do have four children so I guess you are, Benson responds with a smile. Benson's empathy juxtaposed with Stabler's blunt nature created two complex characters who worked well together and caused fans to fall in love with their relationship. It's worth noting that, at the end of this episode, Stabler finds out Angela was actually the one who ordered to take Kathy out, not Richard. Even though Stabler isnt in this episode, hes mentioned multiple times to Benson by various people throughout. Many fans have followed Benson's life and career for nearly 25 seasons, but one thing that's always remained a mystery: Whether she's ever had romantic feelings for Stabler. Women keep leaving me, Stabler responds. After a beat she responds, "Yeah, I'm done," and walks out. Are Elliot and Olivia married in real life? Fans of Law & Order finally got the declaration they've been waiting years for between Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler. Ral Esparza, who portrays Barba, spoke to TVLine about the ending and said the dialogue can be can be taken in a number of ways., There are fans that have always wanted to kind of spin off that story, Esparza told the outlet about Barba and Benson. When she goes into his room she says, Youre supposed to duck, to which Stabler responds, Youre supposed to leave.. The rest of the episode is laced with tension between the partners as they work to find their footing again from Benson calling out Stabler's anger management problem to later pointing out when he calls a victim Dani instead of Danielle, to which Stabler responds, Is something bothering you?. Stabler holds Benson back as Calvin is taken away and reminds her that the situation was always temporary., This episode gifted Benson and Stabler fans with the duos second hug in the series, commonly referred to among the stans as the Pursuit hug.. Bernie instantly remembers that something bad happened to Stablers wife, and he assures her its OK. I know I missed it, but I was going to attend, Bernie begins. Thats going to be $100 to watch, $250 to join each. Then she wraps her arms around Stabler as he says, Guys gotta eat, huh?. So he was never given a real exit on the show, just the aftermath of what happened in the series 12 finale. Shes a cop his first partner, Benson responds and then shares a knowing look with Stabler. Benson and Stabler finally locked eyes, and the chemistry between the two ignited. But he was married, and even when he and Kathy (Isabel Gillies) were separated, nothing happened. And then Im not sure what happened. Youre reaching out, but all youre doing is pushing me further under.. "And what if things work out?" Elliot Stabler did, indeed, kiss on this week's Law & Order: SVU. Benson also tells Fin her therapist asked if Stabler being MIA again was triggering for her. Stabler does eventually sign the divorce papers and leaves them on the porch for Kathy to find. When Stabler asks Benson how she knew he was in the lab and possibly in danger, she responds, Stuckey said you went to get sushi: You and raw fish?. Even on her deathbed, Valerie says Miles is the one who raped her. NBCUniversal Partnered together for 12 years, Benson and Stabler shared a bond unlike anything else on television. Her death leads Stabler to return to SVU to help find her killers. Her body is stiff and so she has difficulty participating in physical activities. And even now that Stabler's not on the show anymore, in last week's premiere, he . These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. The saga of Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler is long and tortured. When she started to rest, Elliot was worried, but Kathy assured him she was fine and told Benson on what she could remember. Basically, Porter has been lying to the SVU team this entire time, so the detectives lay a trap to call him out on it. Leonetti reminded many fans of Benson from her long, dark hair to her fitted blazers. It is confirmed in season 17 that Amaro and Rollins were romantically involved when Rollins discovers she is pregnant and says Amaro is not the father, meaning they did at least sleep together. Last weeks Law & Order: Organized Crime first-season finale ended with a life-or-death cliffhanger for Tamara Taylors Angela Wheatley, who was poisoned not once, but twice in one day by her ex-husband Richard Wheatley (Dylan McDermott) in his attempt to kill the main witness to all of his crimes, including the , Though Hargitay and Meloni never dated, they are close friends. Zebras is the twenty-second episode and season finale of the tenth season of the police procedural television series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and the shows 224th episode overall. But now after the death of Kathy, that can, for the first time in over 20 years of them knowing each other, change. Knowing hes in trouble, Eli calls Elliot and tells him his location. After Eli runs through what happened, Benson springs into action and assures him shell handle this. He leaves shortly after and says, I dont think I can do this. He eventually returns, and Benson again points out Stabler is the only person who doesnt realize hes not OK. Im drowning, he responds. Bensons brothers case resurfaces in this episode, as does the feisty side of Benson and Protelliot, who literally jumps to his partners defense when a suspect lunges at Benson during an interrogation. At the end of the episode, Bernie tells her son that his partner came by to check up on him. Your email address will not be published. Olivia, my friend, can I take you and Noah out to lunch this weekend? Stabler asks. Then Stabler appears behind Benson in the middle of his partners tough personal and professional decision and says, Well Liv, make a decision. Theres nobody who knows these characters better than she and I. What is the saddest episode of Law and Order SVU? Benson continues to calm Stabler at the hospital, including when the doctor talks to him about Eli. Both of them confirm they couldnt sleep, and Benson tells Stabler she realizes Miles didnt rape Valerie. Benson later pops up while Stabler is trying to talk to a witness and says Cragen called her to be Stablers handler.. Stabler responds saying Bensons personal life is her business and that hes there to save her job. He tells Moss he wants him to tell the Internal Affairs Bureau (IAB) Olivia wasnt the source of the leak as Benson walks into the room and asks Stabler why hes there. In Law & Order: SVU, Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) were partners for over a decade.Despite a lot of chemistry between them, these two never got together . I just feel loss," he adds. How does Mrs V treat melody in out of my mind? Benson confirms shes not seeing anyone at the moment. Jelliot makes an appearance in Spooked when Porter returns since the FBI is interested in Benson and Stablers latest case. If only Season Eight Benson could see future mom Benson thriving. [We both] walked into the screen test, me telling her a story, and we get up onstage in front of all the suits, and were just so engaged., A fifth-grader in many of Melody s general-education classes and a member of the Whiz Kids team. Elliot, Benson begins as she steps closer to him. In the premiere episode of Season 13, Benson learns the news that Stabler put his papers in from Cragen not from Stabler himself. I dont want to wreck that. Stabler says he couldnt, and at this point, the others in the room take notice of their bickering. "You're family," Stabler responds, while searching her kitchen for sugar. Cragen calmly responds, You know me better than that. Benson and Stabler are already partners and investigating the brutal murder of a cab driver. "I dont know. During Angelas testimony, which both the Stabler children and Benson witness, Angela reveals she kissed Stabler and that she was in love with him. Near the end of the episode, Stabler actually does just that and acknowledges that he now views the loss of his wife as a permanent ending. They tackled the most shocking NYC crimes and formed an incredibly close bond. Benson, a Special Victims Unit detective with nearly two decades of experience, nodded a polite hello to the new assistant district attorney with a look in her eye that promised she wouldn't. Stabler responds that hell take care of it.. What episode does Elliot and Olivia kiss? Image by: mashable.com. Despite now knowing Kathy wrote the letter, Benson still shows up in the cemetery to meet the rest of the Stabler family at Kathys grave. Swing shows Bensons undying loyalty and concern, both professionally and personally, for her partner after Stablers daughter Kathleen (Allison Siko) gets arrested. The letter also had a line implying if Benson had a man in her life, that Stabler hoped hes the kind, faithful, devoted man Benson deserved. Protelliot again emerges, grabbing Stuckey by the throat and saying, You are an obnoxious little jackhole.. Im just glad you have someone. You and this job are about the only things Ive got anymore, Stabler replies. Elliot, tell us what you need, Benson says. Ever since the reunion of Olivia Benson (played by Mariska Hargitay) and Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) took place in season 22 of the NBC hit drama, Law and Order: SVU fans have been . Fans of the hit NBC drama have followed Benson as she gained custody of her son, Noah. During a session with her therapist, Peter Lindstrom (Bill Irwin), Benson says that while her son is doing well and her job is great, shes hasnt been happy for about a year. With all due respect to the writers, whatever you see is really she and I figuring it out figuring out what the exact words are or the exact emotions are.. Thank the "Law & Order" gods that Stabler eventually returned 10 years after what many thought was his final scene. Olivia Benson/Elliot Stabler; Characters: Olivia Benson; Elliot Stabler; Language: English Stats: Published: 2023-03-03 . At the last minute, he spins around and pulls Benson into a hug. It's a little more general," Stabler responds. Turns out, Stabler did open the door and spend the night with Leonetti just not in the way many had assumed. I didnt realize it came out so sexy, she said. In the seventh season, Elliot told Dr. Rebecca Hendrix that he had never cheated on his wife. I wasnt planning on coming back, Benson says. Stabler says he also wants to talk about the letter but is too distracted by work at the moment, so viewers have to wait to find out whats.in.the.letter! Benson and Stabler share a personal conversation on her way out, and Stabler tells her the father of the current leader of The Brotherhood, Frank Donnelly (Denis Leary), was friends with his dad, who was a cop. He was a detective with the Special Victims Unit partnered with Olivia Benson, reported to Captain Donald Cragen, until his departure in 2011. In this moment, Stabler appears to also be recognizing how her life contrasts with his family-filled life in the suburbs. This moment was teased in a previous promo and sent fans into a spiral. Stabler also receives a call from Eli's mom saying her son was missing, which continues the crossover into OC.. How Do You Get Rid Of Hiccups In 5 Seconds. But upon Stabler's return to New York and subsequent death of his wife, it became abundantly clear that the lines were blurred. Stabler shows up to the ceremony late since he was looking at apartments in New York City, which is a subtle confirmation and assurance to Benson hes staying. At that moment, Donnelly approaches and Benson says shes just playing Uber driver for her old partner. Stabler tells her someone drugged him, and he denies needing to go to a hospital as he puts his arm around her for support as she leads him into her apartment. She also has a telling reaction when Fin says Phoebe was trying to get in touch with Stabler to hook him up with her sister. Benson responds with a big oh. She does tell Fin that at least this time Stabler gave her a heads-up not to worry about him. She follows up by asking Stabler if he's OK, but Cragen cuts them off to tell them it's time for closing arguments. Benson adds she also misses Barba as he walks away. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. As ADA Gillian Hardwicke (Melissa Sagemiller) points out, Stabler has had Bensons back for over 10 years. Stabler grabs Bensons arm and thanks her for coming. Newsom asks Stabler to share how that happened, to which Stabler responds, "Through neglect on my part fear, selfishness.". I was afraid, he says. Back off.. After a New Jersey cop coaxes Eli from jumping off a ledge, Benson and Stabler go to the precinct to talk to Eli. Benson then gets a call from Stablers wife, Kathy, and meets up with her in the park. (Kathy ended up getting pregnant during a one-night hookup with her husband while they were estranged. Melody s doctor who does not believe she is intelligent. While fans were desperate for the partners to hook up (even though Stabler was married) during Meloni's 12 seasons on the show, they never did, with the actor later explaining why he believed the writers never went there. Its Bell, who wants to tell him a piece of news, presumably about Wheatleys release, that she didnt want him to be "blindsided" by. In the tenth episode of the first season, Stabler figures out Benson's been sleeping with Cassidy. "And the thing is is that I didn't have a right or a claim," she continues. Thats all, he responds. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". What episode does Elliot and Olivia kiss? Stabler says he doesnt abuse his authority, to which Rook responds, Every cop abuses his authority. After conversing more with Stabler, Rook eventually confesses to his crimes. I just need space to disagree with you so that I dont feel its going to cost me our partnership, he responds. Benson strategically alleviates the situation by manipulating Stuckey into thinking she doesn't like Stabler. There was nothing I could do," he said. During an interview with Seth Meyers in March, Hargitay said she had never seen that scene until that moment during the interview. After Stabler affirms to Benson he texted her, she responds, So I wouldnt think that you ghosted me, again?. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Turns out, Kathy was injured in a car bombing, as she and Stabler were in town to see Benson receive an award. Benson goes to introduce Noah to Stabler, but Noah jumps in that he already knows whom Detective Stabler is, his moms former partner. A local captain, Julia Millfield (Kim Delaney), tells Benson her brother, Simon, is a suspected rapist. Stabler asks what she means as she walks away, and Benson finally unleashes months of pent-up frustration. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. I can't be looking over my shoulder making sure you're OK," he says after Benson points out she couldn't shoot Gitano since he was using the child as shield. Benson, clearly affected by her partner's words, nods and turns to face him before heading out and whispering, "Good night.". These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. The most honest conversation viewers witnessed to date about why Stabler left happens in a hospital waiting area after both Stabler and Benson visited Kathy. Olivia Benson goes undercover in a womens prison to investigate assault accusations in season 9, episode 15 Undercoverand Olivia gets very close to assaulted herself before shes saved by Finn and the police. I had kids the old-fashioned way, Stabler says to Benson after she points out how much effort went into getting those embryos made. ", Then Stabler says one of the most quoted lines among the fans, to this day: "I'm your partner for better or worse. She briefly replaces Olivia Benson as Elliot Stabler's partner when Benson takes an undercover assignment. A message from work cuts Bensons Mothers Day plans short, and Benson tells Stabler shell call him since hes familiar with the officer she got the message about. Stabler tells her shes great with kids and adds, Maybe you should start thinking about having kids, and any way you want to do it, Ill support you., Elliot, do me a favor? Benson replies. Benson, apparently solo, locates Calvins mom, who offers to let Benson keep Calvin in exchange for not arresting her and leaving her alone. 180,400 - Reviews: 425 - Favs: 130 - Follows: 178 - Updated: 2/19 - Published: 1/26/2021 - E. Stabler, O . Later on, Benson and Stabler clash again during a heated discussion about older women having children. Benson offers to take Kathy to a doctors appointment after Stabler is pulled out of town for their current case. Lieutenant Olivia Benson has just been promoted to Captain and CO of Manhattan's Special Victims Unit. Did Olivia and Stabler sleep together? 1 The Undiscovered Country (Season 19, Episode 13), 2 Murdered At A Bad Address (Season 21, Episode 6) , 4 Pornstars Requiem (Season 16, Episode 5) . Im not sure I know, Stabler responds. Outside, Porter tells Benson, while glancing at Stabler, If it was me, I wouldve shot (Simon). Benson thanks both Porter and Stabler, and Stabler asks her why shes thanking him as Porter leaves. However, they break up in season 15, episode 19, and its mutual, despite Cassidy admitting in a later season that shes the one love of his life. Does Olivia keep Noah? Home | About | Contact | Copyright | Privacy | Cookie Policy | Terms & Conditions | Sitemap. Did Benson and Stabler have a falling out? Rook also informs Stabler that Bensons chair is wired with electricity that will release shocks when a remote is pressed a recreation of the Milgram Shock experiment. Season Eight is an especially memorable if not the most memorable season for Benson and Stabler fans. The Christmas Episode was an actual gift to Benson and Stabler fans since it was peppered with some of the best-ever moments between the two. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. At the end of the episode, Benson and Stabler each air out how their initial judgments about the case could've been wrong, effectively seeing the other's point of view. Benson glances toward Stablers kids then back at him and shakes her head. Did Stabler and Benson ever sleep together? He tells her he was asked to speak at her award ceremony, but instead opted to write his thoughts in a letter he planned to give to her that night. Richard Wheatley becomes the unofficial Benson and Stabler relationship hero among the fans at the end of this episode, when he (basically) makes it canon that Benson is the one true love of Stablers life.